“Delicious Early Dinner!”

701 Pennsylvania Ave Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
701 Pennsylvania Ave Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$40 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 7th
Transit: We sit directly on top of the Archives - Navy Memorial Metro on the Yellow/Green Lines. We are 3 blocks south of the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro on the Red Line.
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Following a delightful exhibition at The National Gallery (They close at 5pm on Saturday!), we took leisurely walk to this restaurant only a few minutes away on Pennsylvania Avenue. Ambience and Food were superb. The service was very good, albeit a bit zealous. A perfect spot after the Gallery.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Enjoyed a really good pre-theater dinner. Food and wine were really good (though portions small for the price). We especially enjoyed the fact that it was quiet. they did have some recorded jazz playing, but you could actually carry on a conversation with a dinner partner - increasingly a rarity in restaurants that seem to equate loud with hip

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

While tromping through the National Gallery of Art on a recent visit to DC, my phone buzzed with a text from my friend Katie. "I've made you lunch reservations for two at 701 Restaurant. Be there at 2:00." Since Katie knows her restaurants, and who can refuse lunch; off we go at the appointed time, and what a lovely time we had. Katie had primed 701 with the info that the day was my birthday, and the staff could not have been nicer! Even though we had a late lunch reservation and were obviously of tourist ilk while the rest
of the crowd dining were business class, we were seated in a prime window seat to watch DC stroll by while we dined. Our maitre'd and wait staff were kindly attentive, and our meal was delicious. From the beet tartare ( I wish I had ordered three of these!) to the artichoke tortellini ( and don't get me started on the Brussels sprouts), the American-style cuisine was the perfect complement to day wandering around the Capitol city. It was lovely. And when the maitre'd softly informed me that Katie had secretly paid for the entire birthday lunch, I just wished I had ordered one more glass of ice wine! (Smile) Lovely staff. Lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

701 Restaurant consistently creates excellent dishes at lunch. The portions are the right size (not too big, not too small) and the food has wonderful flavor.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stopped in for lunch with a friend after checking out the Vermeer exhibit at the nearby National Gallery of Art. It was a very cold day ... so having a restaurant close by was the real goal, but we had such a great meal with excellent service, that I will definitely be back for lunch. Have been here for dinner in the past, so am not surprised by our wonderful experience. The porcini soup was earthy and creamy. The warm arugula chicken salad was divine ... and we topped it off with a lovely glass of Sancerre. We had a great seat by a window - with the sun streaming in and watching people walk by. If I hadn't had other plans, I could have stayed there all day!! Lunch at 701 is a lovely treat!