“Outstanding ramen noodles”
Review of Daikaya

Daikaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Daikaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Very convenient right across from The Verizon Center in Chinatown. The noodles were outstanding the plain soup was a little A little tasteless, I got the spicy which was excellent

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I wasn't aware prior to arriving that the restaurant where they serve Japanese small plates, and the ramen shop are in two different spaces, so take note. Ramen shops are on the bottom level, restaurant on the top of the building.

I first tried a few small plates at the restaurant before heading down (and praying) a seat would be open at one of the ramen tables. The small plates (edamame, tuna poke, fried baby mackerel) were excellent. New and interesting flavors in each dish. The service was also very good.

Down at the ramen shop, there are communal tables and you order your bowl, pour your own water, and then go to work on the steaming hot goodness. The noodles are just the right texture, the broth is flavorful but not overwhelming, and meat/green onions/sprouts combine to give you one heck of a good bowl of ramen. Well done.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Right around the corner from my hotel so very convenient. Small place. Tonight there were no lines so was seated promptly.

Server was very knowledgeable about the menu items. Food was served promptly.

Ramen was very tasty. I'm hoping to return soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This ramen restaurant is great especially for those of us who love ramen but don't eat pork. It has a vegetarian bowl with vegetarian broth. You will leave very satisfied. They even have very unique ice cream flavors. The wait can be long (1.5hr+) during peak times so prepare if you want to try it. Even Sunday mornings had a line waiting for their doors to open. Will return when I come back to DC. However this is not the place if you need space to eat. It's tight but it's worth it! I went twice in a weekend!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I have never been to a ramen bar before or ever even had "real" ramen in my life, so we decided to treat ourselves. To begin, we felt so out of place at the community table, the place was absurdly loud and packed. We ordered Gyoza and two bowls of ramen. The ramen was pretty good (and expensive), but I hated the Gyoza! They were very spicy and just had a weird texture. Our waitress was okay, had to struggle to even pay. It was never explained what we were supposed to do with the ticket.

After all that was taken care of, we went upstairs to the bar. My boyfriend tried some Japanese whiskey, and the bar tender was so friendly! The staff upstairs were more welcoming than the young kids below.