“Fantastic Authentic Italian Pizza”
Review of Menomale

Menomale
Ranked #465 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 July 2015

We have been searching for authentic Italian pizza. We have lived in Italy and were missing the pizza. Now we have found it in DC. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal of melon with prosciutto, salad and four different kinds of pizza. All were fantastic and we will be returning to the restaurant again. Very good service. Very clean restaurant.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Trendy minimalist Italian place in a converted row house. Had the basic chewy pizza. Should be a big whoop for 20 and 30 somethings. Notta cheepa for sure!

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I first heard about Menomale from coworkers who raved about the place as an alternative to the local chain pizzerias, which made me want to try it immediately. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. This is a cute pizza place tucked into the Brookland neighborhood of houses and small stores, and it does pride itself on being an authentic Italian restaurant. I ordered what turned out to be a perfect thin crust pizza with healthy portions of toppings and great flavor! It is a cozy setting, with a small bar in front and an even smaller bar in the corner. Try eating outside on a nice day!

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

On a rainy summer afternoon, what better choice than a leisurely lunch of pizza and glass of wine? Maria has recreated a little corner of Naples right here in the heart of the Brookland neighborhood, close to Catholic University. Cozy atmosphere, great service, interesting wine and beer selection, and the most amazing pizza. Made exactly right in a wood-fired oven from imported Italian flour. I had the classic Margherita and it matched anything I've eaten in Italy. Perfectly cooked, so compliments to the pizza maker! RUN, don't walk, to MENOMALE!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

This pizza place prides themselves on using authentic ingredients. You should expect thin crust pizza with a lot of flavor. If you're looking for commercial puffy crust with one type of cheese, this is the wrong place. The waitstaff is attentive and friendly and it has a nice neighborhood vibe.