“Simply perfect!”

Rosewood Washington, D.C.
Ranked #73 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I did too much research and reading of reviews for our first visit to DC - wanted a special location for our anniversary, but my husband does not much like hotels (especially long hallways and large buildings) This is not great on our budget, as it leads me to more boutique properties. When I found the Rosewood, it seemed like it would be a good option. We could not have been happier - It was everything I anticipated and more! The staff was welcoming, and the character of the hotel was refined, classy, yet relaxed and oh so comfortable. We loved the breakfasts (I became addicted to the avocado toast). We had dinner one night at the Grill Room - probably the best rib-eye I've ever had. We took the remainder of our lovely bottle of wine back to the room, and enjoyed it the next night on the roof deck - didn't have enough time to enjoy this area as much as we would have liked - it's a lovely space! We had a King room with fabulous bed, great lighting controls, easy to adjust room temp, and a luxurious and functional bath. Plenty of great restaurant options nearby, and we mostly used the circulator busses to reach the metro - easy access to everything. This hotel was a bit of a splurge for us, but so worth it. I would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We had a King room with tub - overlooking the canal - it was a lovely location, and room was spaciou...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Pascal F, General Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear AG from California, Thank you for your Five Star review. We are delighted to see your posted comments and we are happy to know that we exceeded your expectations. Our associates will enjoy reading your positive comments about their services and that you found the team to be welcoming and the hotel refined, classy, relaxed and comfortable. The perfect ingredients for a perfect stay.
We are very fortunate to be so centrally located in historic Georgetown and I am so glad that you could enjoy all the charm and entertainment that it has to offer.
Thank you again for your feedback and support, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Pascal Forotti
Managing Director

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Not only have I come to recognize the Rosewood brand to be a company with superior service and hospitality but I couldn't be more fond of the team at the DC/Georgetown property. I was taken care of beyond my expectations. Prior to arrival the team reached out to ensure all my needs were met prior to checking in. My travel was both business and personal and on both levels I was extended courteous service and attention to my needs. From taking a corporate conference call in my room without interruption to enjoying time with my son at the roof top pool and restaurant patio were absolutely lovely. I enjoyed the Caesar Salad with an incredibly grilled baby chicken, WOW! I cant say enough about the bell staff, front desk (intimate and personalized) to the restaurant and housekeeping team were all spot on!

Room Tip: great location to Georgetown, DC and VA. City hotel offers personalized service and convenience in a...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Pascal F, General Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Mrs. Ortiz, it was such a pleasure to meet you and your family this week and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are all very proud of our teams and how much our guests enjoy their passion for service and making every stay a perfect stay. We will make sure to share your comments with them all, especially our front of house teams.
We are looking forward to your next visit to the Nation’s Capital.

Sincerely
Pascal Forotti, Managing Director

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My husband stayed at the Rosewood for three nights. Within the first hour of arrival, the staff knew us by name. Amenities and the room were total luxury. The food was excellent. I was impressed with the interesting and varied selection on the breakfast menu. Very quiet location in a bustling city.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Dear Bianco_10, thank you for your review and the kind words you shared with everybody on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to read that our guest had a perfect stay with us in Georgetown. Our associates love to create memorable experiences and I am particularly happy to see that our culinary teams delighted you and your husband with an impressive menu. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and impress you with new dishes and offerings.
Sincerely
Pascal Forotti, Managing Director

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel in a very convenient location but still far enough away from the hustle and bustle of M street. Hotel itself is very aesthetically pleasing in both the lobby and rooms. We were sad to only stay for one night but loved everything about it. Spacious bathroom, nice tub. We had been upgraded to a canal view but because of the city remodel or water conservation (I’m not sure which) it was more of a dry ditch view. Nonetheless, it was kind of them to upgrade us. We arrived earlier than checkin allowed and they held our luggage with no problems. Front desk was polite, rooftop bar had a nice chill vibe with infinity pool. Will definitely be staying here again when we’re in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Pascal F, General Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear kittykittyD,
What a great review and wonderful headline! Your comments about the hotel and our associates are beautiful and we love to know that our teams made you feel comfortable and at home. We are very proud of them all and their passion for crating memorable experiences and I know that your review will be a huge boost of their pride and morale.
Looking forward to your next stay and working on getting that perfect score, 5 out of 5.

Pascal Forotti,
Managing Director

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The Rosewood is in a great location. Walking distance to the waterfront, close to many restaurants and shops. The Washington Monument is visible from the rooftop. The rooftop offered a great vantage point to watch the July 4th fireworks without battling the crowds. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodative and friendly to the children. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Upon checkin there was confusion as to the reservation but it was eventually resolved. Returning to the hotel after a morning run they would be standing at the door with a bottle of water for me - very considerate. I would definitely stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pascal F, General Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear ALRHA from New York City, thank you for taking the time and sharing your great experiences with everybody on TripAdvisor. It always feels very proud when we read how much our guests enjoyed their stay and especially the interactions with our associates. I am sorry for the confusion on arrival and I am glad to know the team handled it well.
There are so many amazing running paths around the hotel, if it is along the C&O Canal or the waterfront and the monuments, DC is just an amazing city to discover, and why not while running.
Come back soon, we are looking forward to welcoming you.
Pascal Forotti