“Excellent ramen, highly recommend it.”

Sakuramen Ramen Bar
Ranked #168 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our sole focus is to create the best ramen on the planet, without using artificial flavorings of any kind, sourced from pure bone broth coupled with the freshest ingredients available. We do not favor any particular style or cultural influence when it comes to our ramen dishes. With an unbridled approach to culinary creativity, we strive to deliver a unique dining experience that highlights a fusion of diverse flavors from across the globe.From ramen houses in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul, to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York, we are pleased to see that others love ramen as much as we do… and so we are especially proud to open our doors in Washington DC, in the heart of a city we love to call home.Thank you for the opportunity to serve. Humbly Yours…~ Jay & Jonathan ~
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Came here with a group of friends (3). If you've never been here before, you have to let one of the workers know that you're waiting for a table. He doesn't write down names but somehow he remembers it all and sits people accordingly. He's a really nice/friendly guy. There's not a lot of seating but turnover is fairly quick.

I ordered the Chosun with spicy level of 4. It was very good. The chicken broth had in-depth flavors. Wasn't too salty. From other chicken broths I've tried at other places in NYC, there is room for improvement. This place can definitely make it in NYC but charging what they charge for the DC area seems slightly overpriced to me. My total without extras was $15.95 after taxes. The hard boiled egg was cooked properly and the yolk was still runny (I assume it's the "ramen egg") so if so, it would be prepared with soy sauce to give it the dark color and Japanese rice cooking wine. The flavors of the egg was balanced, wasn't overly salty. I thought the ramen noodles were cooked perfectly. I didn't get a chance to see the kitchen as I walked by but I don't think they make their own noodles.

Just fyi, their software calculates gratuity at the bottom of the receipt based off of the total (tax + subtotal). Gratuity technically should be based off of the subtotal. You don't pay gratuity on tax. Just a pet peeve of mine. If anything, gratuity is not mandatory, it's just a custom that's been in the US.

I digress, the decor of the place is fairly standard to other ramen places. A nice casual relaxed feel. They accept cc and was able to split the bill easily among 4 people.

I would definitely recommend this place and will be coming back here again to try their other ramens. I will also try their pork buns as it is a staple of most ramen places. I hope they pat attention to detail and add their own flare to it.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Myself, wife and daughter stopped in for some ramen. Loved it! I had MisoDC, with loads of Berkshire pork belly, and we shared bulgolgi steamed buns that were super tasty. Happy staff, happy customers. All good.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was great. The place is small so get there early or make a reservation or plan to wait but it is worth it. The ramen is so amazing and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

No reservations take. We were there at 11:30 am and by noon they were full. The bulgogi and the spicy pork buns were excellent. The pan fried gyoza were crunchy and delicious and the two types of ramen we ordered were very good. They can only be faulted for giving you too much food. Will return. I forgot, the kimchi was the best I have had in some time.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

This 2-level ramen bar in Adams Morgan serves the best noodles in the neighborhood. There is often a line to get in. They do not serve alcohol. We had kimchi, pork belly and roasted scallion buns, and spicy mushroom buns as appetizers. Yum. You can customize your own soup bowls as well, and choose for your level of spiciness on a scale of 1 to 10. I had the veggie bowl w chosun at a spice level of 5. For me it was kind of too spicy, but I enjoyed it. We will return. The upstairs, whimsical mural of a ramen-serving octopus is a must see. By local artist Golden Rabbit Silent Monkey. You can also get take-out.