“Awesome seafood”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: G Street, N.W.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. A bipartisan favorite, we have occupied the nation’s capital since 1995, anchored across from the Verizon Center and around the corner from the International Spy Museum, National Portrait Gallery and Chinatown. Make waves at our racetrack-shaped bar or sup on seafood underneath the hull-like ceiling in our restaurant’s main dining room. Either way, be presidential and order a cup of our New England Clam Chowder; it’s been served at every Inauguration since 1981. Other accolades include “Best Place for Great Seafood” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008) and “Best Crab Cakes” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008)
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The best crab cake I’ve had in a very very very long time, sweet succulent crab meat, Cajun seasoning on the fish, shrimp and scallops generous portions I was stuffed staff was excellent

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 26 August 2018

First, shout out to our server Phan, her recommendations were on point. Loved how she guided us to the right dishes we were in the mood for. The fried oysters had a nice light flavorful crust that did not overwhelm the juicy oysters. The fisherman platter was delicious and filling. My wife had the crab dip and the grilled snapper....no complaints from her...she is a picky eater..

We finished our meal with a delicious raspberry cheesecake

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We go to this branch frequently and they really had an off day. The waitress didn't come to fill our waters nor did the manager ask how we were. The waitress also failed to inform me that the dish I ordered had sold out only when the rest of the food was brought out. In addition when my dish was finally ready, it sat at the counter for a bit because as I had mentioned earlier, the waitress didn't come around very often.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with some friends, great location, friendly quick service and delicious food. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Food is ok for a Legal Sea Foods chain, a bit on the bland side, compare to others. I was having a dinner alone before the flight, and the waitress brought the bill before I was able to ordered the desert. When she brought the final bill, I checked the amount but not number of guests, but as I found at the time or reimbursement, she put two guests on it. That happens first time to me, and I travel a lot. Perhaps they do bill in advance hoping for fast turnover, but have no ability to void the bill and this is why I got the bill with wrong number of guests? Whatever, when my admin assistant called to request correction, the restaurant manager declined, covering out the mistake or more likely deliberate misrepresentation of the waitress; this not good for business travelers. So unless you like studying the details of the bill before paying, to avoid these troubles, just avoid this restaurant, I will.

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!