All reviewsm streetindustrial buildingsmoke stackfour seasonswisconsin aveeast wingpotomac riverboutique feellobby loungeliving roomboutique hotelupgraded to a suiteevery employeeamazing hotellocation is greatfitness centerrooms are comfortable
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Beautiful, clean, friendly staff, fun area close to water and great restaurants. Highly recommend this hotel for business or for pleasure. I feel it is beautful and fun all at the same time. Great stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Matthew L, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Greetings Nazv9,

Thank you for your five star review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC. I was happy to read that you found our hotel to be both beautiful and fun. We are proud of our great location, pristine facilities and friendly staff.

We look forward to your return, and if there's ever anything I may do for you, please don't hesitate to call on me!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Loved staying at the Georgetown Ritz Carlton while moving my son into college. The location cannot be beat-- in walking distance to anywhere we wanted to be. The close proximity to the waterfront was a highlight with its restaurants and nightlife. Our room was comfortable and clean. And the service was fabulous -- always enjoy being greeted by name by the front desk staff, as well as the snacks and drinks in the lobby!! Lobby bar was also great for an afternoon cocktail. We'll be back!!

Greetings Alison L

Thank you for your five star review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC. I am so glad that you chose our hotel for the momentous occasion of moving your son into college. It is my hope that you will stay with us again as you visit your son so that you can once again enjoy our terrific location and fabulous service!

If there's ever anything I may do for you, please don't hesitate to call on me!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The property is beautiful and the staff is incredible. We were greeted and consistently asked if we needed anything. My only complaint and it makes me very sad to report that the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. We are not sure if the mattress was just worn but you shouldn't roll into the middle and the mattress should be supportive. We are average height and weight, not overweight at all. Disappointed in bed comfort.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings EINSTMRR,

Thank you for your review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC. It was great to read about how much you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and the incredible service provided by the ladies and gentlemen.

I appreciate the feedback on your mattress and I ask that you please reach out to me directly before your return visit so I can ensure you have the most enjoyable and comfortable stay!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Stayed here to celebrate a wedding anniversary, and was delighted at the unique decor and the well-trained staff. Hotel is located on a sidestreet in Georgetown, so ideally situated - close to shopping and dining of all sorts. The hotel does not have the usual Ritz glitz in common areas - instead you get city chic. The rooms are as well-appointed as you expect from RC. Our only complaint was that for some reason our phone line to the front desk was always busy - we had to call the outside number to get room service, for example. But from check-in to even dealing with the bizarre phone issue, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: West said above second level

Greetings Christopher P,

Thank you for your review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC. I am so glad that you enjoyed our unique decor and the service from our well-trained ladies and gentlemen. It is my hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again during future special occasions.

During your visit, we were upgrading our phone system, and I am sorry it impacted your ability to contact the Front Desk. The project is now complete and we look forward to our guests enjoying the improved functionality and quality.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel during your anniversary celebrations, and if there's ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call on me!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I try to judge hotels on their class rating and type, so I tend to be tougher on hotels like the Ritz. For that reason, I would have given this hotel a 3 1/2 for a few reasons that I'll explain. However, I really did enjoy our two night stay to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel location is perfect for a visit to Georgetown and beyond. A few minutes walk to busy M street and a minute or so from the waterfront. The staff is very welcoming and delightful on check in and lobby staff was superb throughout our stay. The rooms are very nice, typical Ritz (though no slippers at this hotel), and our room on the fifth floor was quiet with a glimpse of the Washington monument through the window. The bed was really comfortable, and turn down service was excellent. So why am I pegging this Ritz at a 3 1/2 (4 on TA as a 3 didn't seem fair)? Well, maybe I've always been lucky, but this is the first hotel I can remember that hadn't emptied the bathroom trash from the previous guest. I guess it's easily forgotten, but having someone else's used tissues, make up pads etc., in the bathroom at check in isn't what I'd expect at a Ritz. I picked up one of the hand towels off the console chest and the shelf collapsed. I had to crouch on the floor to fix the shelf screws as they were loose and wouldn't hold the shelf. We also had 35 minutes before dinner for a drink in the lovely courtyard. While greeted quickly, it took 15 minutes for someone to take our drinks order (just as we were about to leave), I told the waiter we were in a bit of a rush for our dinner reservation, but she said she'd get our order in right away. Well, it took another 15 minutes and we would have left but the Bloody Mary was already sitting on the counter, waiting for 2 beers (our fourth drink was forgotten). So, we literally had 5 minutes to drink our beers and Bloody Mary (while one of us helped with the beer as her drink never arrived). A bit much to pay Ritz prices to guzzle your drink in 5mins. So, lovely hotel that I would recommend, and I know I'm being tough because this is a Ritz, but bar service was poor (even when not busy) and guessing houskeeping just forgot to empty the prior guests trash, it can happen, but....

Greetings spotdog,

Thank you for your review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you celebrating your anniversary with us. We do have a perfect location in Georgetown and we are proud of our welcoming and delightful ladies and gentlemen.

I was sorry to read of the challenges you faced with Housekeeping and while experiencing The Yard. Your feedback has been shared with our leadership team to ensure we continue to provide the high quality of service for which we are known.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me at matthew.lasek@ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you again for sharing your special occasion with us, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon!