“Fantastic sushi!”
Review of The Hamilton

The Hamilton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hamilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: A short walk from either the McPherson Square or Metro Center station along the Red, Orange and Blue Lines.
Description: The Hamilton is a 37,000 square feet, 500-seat restaurant and live entertainment venue offering three dining rooms, three bars and a sushi bar. The restaurant offers seasonal and regional American cuisine, for brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, as well as a sushi menu. The Hamilton Live is the lower level 300-seat live music and entertainment venue offering nightly entertainment from local, national and international musicians.
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I ate two dinners here in two days and both were excellent. The sushi was delicious and I loved the cheesecake. I'm looking forward to going back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Thanks Alison our server for your knowledge and attentiveness. I would have given this a 5 star, but for the lady on the door who greeted us at reception. I didn't get her name, but she was small, very skinny African American lady. She basically grunted at us. No smile. We had a reservation but she wasn't interested.

Anyway .... we loved our wine, our meals and dessert. The sushi was divine.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We were greeted warmly by both bar tenders sharing their names and shaking our hands. They gave us unsolicited recommendations off the menu and brought our first round out quickly. After that, we seemed to become invisible to their penchant for locals. I get it but I felt like I was being looked over and around when trying to order my second drink. We left a found a new place up the the block, The Public. This place was great!!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

My wife and I were staying across the street at the JW Marriott, and after walking all day, wanted somewhere close. But on top of being close, I loved this restaurant. It was a Friday night and very busy, there was going to be a 45 minute wait, so I would recommend reservations. However, we saw an open tall table in the bar area and decided to have a drink while we waited. The waitress told us we could wait on our table or go ahead and eat here in the bar if we wanted. Since we had planned on getting lighter fare instead of a large entree, we decided to just eat there in the bar area . It was great, I had the housemade corned beef, on an onion roll with swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing, it was absolutely delicious! Also had a side of fries which were perfect. My wife had a bacon cheese burger and loved it. Neither of us had one of the large entrees to review, so I can't provide a recommendation, but the interior design, wait staff/service, and sandwich/hamburger type food was perfect. Great location also.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

The restaurant was clean and very beautiful. The food was good. Our waitress however was not very attentive and took over 10 minutes to take our drink order. We saw Daya from the show Orange is the New Black, but the hostess told us not to approach her.