7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$307
PricelineUS$307
ZenHotels.comUS$337
3,773 results
All reviews white house luxury room room service ebbitt grill turn down service excellent location corner room bed was very comfortable hotel bar wonderful hotel national mall few blocks valet parking lincoln memorial concierge metro whitehouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Sofitel is a wonderful brand and their hotels continue to never disappoint. The location of the Sofitel in DC is fantastic. 5 Min walk to the White House. 2 Min to the Metro. Our room was what you would expect for a big city hotel. Meaning rooms run small in larger metro cities, but all in all I have no complaints. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful with making reservations.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stay at the Washington Sofitel during holiday weekends when the city is abandoned by Congress and the hotels run special rates. I am always greeted as if I am arriving royalty and have on several occasions been given upgrades. Last time they asked me which Shakespeare play I was in town to see, so I guess they have a way of remembering loyal (not royal) guests and their interests. Rooms are always clean and well serviced. Very modern if you enjoy that. I happen to like the neighborhood and also the comfy bar area downstairs. I don't usually eat breakfast, but once it was included in my rate and it was the best I have been served in an American hotel. Ah, the French when it comes to food! Highly recommend.

Room tip: I don't like the junior suites which are face the air shaft. Pick a large bedroom if you want space. The regular suites are great!
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The room was really great, breakfast is excelent! Kind Staff, like always! And it is near the White House! There is no reason why you should pay more to stay at other hotel...

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Relaxing, attentive staff, a bit expensive but you are in a big city. Clean quiet rooms. Great location relative to getting around in the city. Nothing but positive experience.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Sofitel hotel was nice. We had a beautiful room and the staff was very friendly. The only thing that I didn't like was that breakfast was not included and if you wanted to pay for breakfast it was very expensive. I believe it was $17 for crossaints and coffee or $22 for an american style breakfast. My husband and I ended up walking to Starbucks each morning for breakfast. Although one morning we had to leave early to go visit Mount Vernon and so we had to order the american style breakfast. I was good but certainly not worth $22 per person!

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank Christy3
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Thank you for choosing us for your visit to Washington. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel during your stay. Our Executive Chef, Franck Loquet, has designed an a la carte breakfast menu with a wide array of choices for every palette. There is no fixed price for the menu, and whatever you enjoy comes with our complimentary bread ritual, viennoiserie, that includes croissants, pain chocolat, pain raisin and a selection of other breads. There is also a complimentary fruit smoothie amuse bouche, that is included in every meal. I hope you will be able to join us again and enjoy a lovely breakfast experience either in iCi, or on the fresh air terrace.

Truly,