“A Delicious Lobster Roll !”

Luke's Lobster Penn Quarter
Ranked #169 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Description: Luke's Lobster is a cozy, Maine-bred seafood shack committed to simple dishes that highlight superior ingredients, served straight from the source, without the filler. We are best known for our lobster rolls, friendly team and cozy shack atmosphere!
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I tasted our first
Lobster roll last Saturday. The Lobster rolls were delicious, a
pound of whole lobster chunks served cold. The rolls were toasted and I loved it. The lobsters were purchased from Maine. They offered a variety of drinks including root beer. Luke’s is located in the Penn Quarter in Washington D.C. The restaurant is very rustic and quaint. High tables and bar stools are available for seating. Luke’s was very busy as soon as they opened for lunch. They have a large local following as well as visiting tourists. Seating is available for approximately around twenty people. Service was self serve and informal. The Lobster rolls were expensive however you get what you pay for. We enjoyed the meal and the experience.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Every year I go back to the US, it becomes harder to have a good lobster meal at a reasonable price. Mind you, it is quite easy, for example in New York, to find a Luke's Lobster joint, however, if I compare what I get for my money these days with what I would like to get, i.e. 20 $ for the above mentioned cold lobster sandwich with a small bag of chips plus a dip of cold slaw, I'd rather go on looking. This combo, by the way, is entitled "Luke's Favorite" and it ain't mine.

Pchas D, General Manager at Luke's Lobster Penn Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hello! Thank you for continuing to visit us while you are in DC. We serve 100% traceable and sustainable seafood in all of our shacks, straight from Cape Seafood in Saco, Maine. Our goal is to bring Maine style rolls to each guest. And while lobster prices in Maine have gone up 2.5x times since we opened our first Luke's in 2009, our prices have not.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Love lobster rolls. Have had them all the way from Maine to Alaska, and without question Luke’s is the absolute bottom of the barrel worst I’ve ever had. Companion tried the lobster bisque. It was according to her, “Disgusting.” it was so loaded with salt she couldn’t eat it and threw it out. don’t throw your money away – had to nearby Carmine’s or Capital Grille.

1  Thank Sechzig

Hello! Thank you for coming to visit us while you were in DC! I do with that you would have enjoyed your visit with us a little more. We work hard with both Cape Seafood and Hurricane Soups to give the best Maine experience possible.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Sometimes the best seafood isn’t in a restaurant. Sometimes it’s a small place that keeps pretension down, like a few years ago in Portland, ME. Here that’s the case: Luke’s is solid (on our visit). The staff is awesome: Alex is the prettiest lady in the district, Chris is as straight as they come, and Mike is cut-through-the-BS-sharp! Had two combos: great! Added an extra lobster roll: phenomenal! Clean, fresh, no mayo; awesome food. Had a couple of beers at happy hour prices, hard to beat. If you want no fluff, good food, look no further. Great place, great food, great people. What else is there?!?!

Hello! Thank you for coming to visit us while you were in DC and for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much. We pride ourselves in not only offering the best Maine style rolls available, but also having friendly staff while doing it.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We each ordered a bowl of soup and a lobster roll. The soups are gluten free and heavenly. My bun was gluten free and a little dry (but buttery!) I had to get a side of mayo to moisten it up. I thought my lobster was rather bland, but it had been well cooked and was tender. In my opinion, it was not worth the high price.

1  Thank leppaenat

Hello! Thank you for coming to visit us and taking the time to write a review for us. I do wish that you would have enjoyed your lobster roll a little more. We only add light toppings to our rolls because we want the quality and freshness of our lobster to be the focus. However, we are always ready to accommodate any requests the for your roll.