“Yummy lobster/crab/shrimp rolls”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Description: Luke's Lobster is a cozy, Maine-bred seafood shack committed to simple dishes that highlight superior ingredients, served straight from the source, without the filler. We are best known for our lobster rolls, friendly team and cozy shack atmosphere!
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We went for lunch after seeing some museums and got the Noahs Ark, which was the perfect amount of food for the two of us. It came with 1 lobster roll, 1 crab roll, 1 shrimp roll, coleslaw, drinks and 4 crab claws. I had never had a lobster roll before and now I can't stop thinking about them!!! It makes me wish I lived on the east coast!

Pchas D, General Manager at Luke's Lobster Penn Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Hello! Thanks for coming to visit us while you were in DC! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your Noah's Ark, it's the best way for two people to try everything! Hopefully, you can make it back in to visit us next time you are in DC!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Don't let the line scare you away --- the lobster rolls at Luke's Lobster are worth the wait and the price. The sandwich is large lobster chunks, without filling or add ins. The rolls are fresh and filled with the lobster salad. Some of the their competitors have gotten skimpy on the portions -- but not Luke's. And everything is made to order. We maybe waited 10 minutes in line, and then 10 minutes for the food (the place is small so grab a counter seat as soon as one opens up!) - so within 20 minutes of walking in, we were eating our lobster rolls! Can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Shelliedc
Pchas D, General Manager at Luke's Lobster Penn Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hello! Thanks for coming to visit us at Luke's Lobster and for taking the time to write us a review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your rolls! Each of our sandwiches comes with a quarter pound of lobster, crab, or shrimp from Cape, Seafood! We add minimal toppings so that the quality of our seafood can really shine through with each bite.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

You would not see this place unless you were looking for it. Glad we did. Lunch was fast and fresh with homemade slaw and a Maine Root blueberry soda. The lobster rolls are amazing and you can also choose crab or shrimp. From the looks of them at neighboring tables, they are just as good.

Hi Terry! Thanks for coming in to pay us a visit while you were in DC! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your rolls and the blueberry soda, its definitely my favorite drink here!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Very casual place, friendly staff and fast service. A mound of big lobster pieces coming out of a soft warm bun. Yum! Very good quality! The only reason for the 4 stars is because the beer was not cold enough.

Hello! Thanks for coming to visit us while you were in DC! I'm glad that you enjoyed your lobster roll! Each of our rolls is filled with a quarter pound of sustainable and traceable seafood! It comes straight from our sister company, Cape Seafood, in Saco, Maine!

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Visited based on reviews. Great experience and the food was delicious. It's rather expensive, but it's fresh seafood so that's to be expected. Very friendly and helpful service. My only concern was that my beer wasn't very cold. I would definitely go back.

Hello! Thanks for coming to visit us while you were in DC! I'm glad that you were enjoyed your meal and will definitely make sure are beers are stocked efficiently! If you do make it back in, we have happy hour every day from 4-7pm!