“Enjoyable Ramen meal with good music”
Review of toki underground

toki underground
Ranked #206 of 3,338 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I was in town for work and was able to be seat right away. The restaurant had a cool vibe and I enjoyed the Hip Hop music that was playing that night. The Ramen was a very generous portion and the dumplings had a nice little kick to it. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

This is some of the best ramen I've had in DC. I went at 11:45am on a Monday and didn't have to wait. Service is quick and basic. The ramen is fabulous.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I almost didn't write this review because it's crowded enough as it is. Went on a Monday at 11:30 am, right when they opened, and still had to wait half an hour to get a seat. Really good, fresh food. Not your customary Japanese cuisine but really good!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Wanting to try an alternative to Pho, I searched online and learned about this spot. I went there during the day (post-lunch, pre-dinner) and had my selection of seats! Wait staff were relaxed. I didn't realize how good the soup was until recently having "homemade" traditional ramen soup on the Big Island! It did not compare to Toki's.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Not that the atmosphere is bad.....it's a funky place, on the small side, with seats mostly at a couple of long bars, one facing the kitchen and one facing a wall. I believe there is only one table that might seat four. So it's not the kind of place to linger over conversation. The Asian noodle bowls are excellent! I highly recommend the curry with crispy chicken(comes with a soft egg), although the vegetarian noodle bowl was good as well. It's always a treat to stop into this place when I'm in DC.