“Friendly, helpful staff, very welcoming”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #60 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Everyone, (except perhaps some bellhops), were friendly, forthcoming with local info, and went out of their way to help, including looking for and finding one birthday candle. The breakfast buffet was nicely stocked and the made to order omelets were excellent, with some really good french toast. The rooms were large and nicely furnished. Street noise is reduced if you get a room on a higher floor (the hotel is just a couple of blocks from the main attractions).

Room Tip: Street noise is reduced if you get a room on a higher floor (the hotel is just a couple of blocks fr...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louis T
HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you taking the time to write a response.

I am glad you found the breakfast buffet nice and the staff were helpful and friendly, as they can help make or break your trip. I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you once again. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,021)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at one of the newly renovated rooms (the smell of the renovation is about the only thing I can criticise, except for the air conditioning, which was blowing like crazy, but then again, I'm European so I'm not really used to an airco) for 4 nights. Rooms are spacious and there's free wireless internet.
The staff is very friendly, they helped obligingly and fast, from the concierge to the kitchen staff!

I had only 1 day of sightseeing, the hotel was ideally situated near the metro station so I could reach the Mall in no time (walking is possible too). There are quite a lot of good restaurants within walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel for business trips, since they also offer seminar rooms for meetings etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do try to be accommodating to those traveling for both business and pleasure, and I am glad you got to do a little of both. I apologize for the disturbances you may have had with the A/C and with the smell of the new rooms.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

You can hardly beat this place for its location: a couple of blocks from the White House, in the middle of everything, close to restaurants and other attractions. In the midst of being totally remodeled, some floors still under construction. Room was nice, staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly-remodeled ones.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you were able to make use of excellent location, from the sights to restaurants nearby. Thank you for the feedback and we hope we made your stay enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Terrific hotel directly across the street from McPherson Square Metro. Hilton quality with a cozy, home-like atmosphere and friendly staff! My room was comfortable, spacious and immaculate. There's a coffee pot and mini fridge in the room. You can buy breakfast downstairs in the comfy dining area. There's a Cosi and some other inexpensive choicesi nearby. Coffee is free in the lobby, where you can enjoy it by the fireplace!

The hotel is being renovated, but not in a way that's intrusive or noisy (it's happening one floor at a time). There is a small but well-equipped gym in the hotel with great quality equipment (including built-in TVs). It's right next to a small indoor pool. My room didn't have a view (and in fact, faced another part of the building and other rooms), but I've seen DC before so that didn't matter. In fact, the upside was that I couldn't hear a peep of street noise and slept very well. The elevators are a little slow, but the hotel management knows this and is working on it (there's a big sign in the lobby about improvements that are in progress and that is one of them).

While staying there, I looked at a suite to see if it could accommodate a possible return visit w/ my family. It has two rooms - a pull-out sofa in the living room and a king-sized bed in the bedroom. You could fit a family of four here comfortably, or squeeze in a 5th on a rollaway or air mattress. Still, I prefer the Embassy Suits in Dupont Circle for my family b/c we have three kids and we can get a room with two beds and a pullout. But the location of the Hilton Garden Inn, right across from the Metro, cannot be beat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review.

I am glad that your stay was pleasant and the location was key. Thank you for your patience and understanding with the renovations when they were underway and with improvements we are constantly making.

Thank you once again for the feedback. We hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I tagged along with my husband on a business trip. . . . and this hotel was chosen because of the proximity to his meetings, but it was not too far from all of the historical sites of the city either.

Washington DC is really a walk-friendly city, so it was no problem finding and getting to the Washington Monument/Mall and Smithsonian. Spending much of my time alone while my husband was in meetings, I felt very safe in the neighborhood going to and from places.

We are use to staying at Embassy Suites, and Hampton Inn's where breakfast is included. This Hilton Garden Inn had a nice restaurant that served a good breakfast buffet, and had a breakfast menu as well. Prices were a little high. Best value is the buffet . . .

Everyone was friendly and helpful through out the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad this hotel proved useful for the business trip, as well as a good location for seeing the sights. I am sorry if the breakfast buffet was not the best price-wise and I hope it was not too much of a problem.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon, for business or pleasure.