Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$228
  • Pool
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$175
US$196
US$163
US$220
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
US$246
US$192
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$151
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$274
  • Restaurant
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

3,162 results
All reviewswhite housegrist millgreat locationmetro stationdirectly across the streetwithin walking distancefew blocksnational mallstreet noiseblue linewould stay here againbreakfast buffetindoor poolhotel restaurantsmithsonian museumssight seeingfront desk staff
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at one of the newly renovated rooms (the smell of the renovation is about the only thing I can criticise, except for the air conditioning, which was blowing like crazy, but then again, I'm European so I'm not really used to an airco) for 4 nights. Rooms are spacious and there's free wireless internet.
The staff is very friendly, they helped obligingly and fast, from the concierge to the kitchen staff!

I had only 1 day of sightseeing, the hotel was ideally situated near the metro station so I could reach the Mall in no time (walking is possible too). There are quite a lot of good restaurants within walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel for business trips, since they also offer seminar rooms for meetings etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do try to be accommodating to those traveling for both business and pleasure, and I am glad you got to do a little of both. I apologize for the disturbances you may have had with the A/C and with the smell of the new rooms.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

You can hardly beat this place for its location: a couple of blocks from the White House, in the middle of everything, close to restaurants and other attractions. In the midst of being totally remodeled, some floors still under construction. Room was nice, staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly-remodeled ones.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you were able to make use of excellent location, from the sights to restaurants nearby. Thank you for the feedback and we hope we made your stay enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Terrific hotel directly across the street from McPherson Square Metro. Hilton quality with a cozy, home-like atmosphere and friendly staff! My room was comfortable, spacious and immaculate. There's a coffee pot and mini fridge in the room. You can buy breakfast downstairs in the comfy dining area. There's a Cosi and some other inexpensive choicesi nearby. Coffee is free in the lobby, where you can enjoy it by the fireplace!

The hotel is being renovated, but not in a way that's intrusive or noisy (it's happening one floor at a time). There is a small but well-equipped gym in the hotel with great quality equipment (including built-in TVs). It's right next to a small indoor pool. My room didn't have a view (and in fact, faced another part of the building and other rooms), but I've seen DC before so that didn't matter. In fact, the upside was that I couldn't hear a peep of street noise and slept very well. The elevators are a little slow, but the hotel management knows this and is working on it (there's a big sign in the lobby about improvements that are in progress and that is one of them).

While staying there, I looked at a suite to see if it could accommodate a possible return visit w/ my family. It has two rooms - a pull-out sofa in the living room and a king-sized bed in the bedroom. You could fit a family of four here comfortably, or squeeze in a 5th on a rollaway or air mattress. Still, I prefer the Embassy Suits in Dupont Circle for my family b/c we have three kids and we can get a room with two beds and a pullout. But the location of the Hilton Garden Inn, right across from the Metro, cannot be beat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review.

I am glad that your stay was pleasant and the location was key. Thank you for your patience and understanding with the renovations when they were underway and with improvements we are constantly making.

Thank you once again for the feedback. We hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I tagged along with my husband on a business trip. . . . and this hotel was chosen because of the proximity to his meetings, but it was not too far from all of the historical sites of the city either.

Washington DC is really a walk-friendly city, so it was no problem finding and getting to the Washington Monument/Mall and Smithsonian. Spending much of my time alone while my husband was in meetings, I felt very safe in the neighborhood going to and from places.

We are use to staying at Embassy Suites, and Hampton Inn's where breakfast is included. This Hilton Garden Inn had a nice restaurant that served a good breakfast buffet, and had a breakfast menu as well. Prices were a little high. Best value is the buffet . . .

Everyone was friendly and helpful through out the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad this hotel proved useful for the business trip, as well as a good location for seeing the sights. I am sorry if the breakfast buffet was not the best price-wise and I hope it was not too much of a problem.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon, for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I booked this HGI on their website for $98 a night (AAA Rate) for a 3 night stay February 9-12. It was a bargain for what you got which is a nice hotel with a renovated room in a great location. Our flight arrived early so when we got to check-in at 1:30 I asked for a room on a high floor, if possible. The highest floor available at that time was the 8th so we took it. Now, this is the only negative of the property I will say, because as other reviews have mentioned previously, if you have a room facing the street side, it is very noisy throughout the night with traffic and especially sirens. We like to keep our window cracked for some fresh air and the first night we were awakended a lot by the noise so had to close it for the other nights but it was still noisy. That is the only reason I rate it as Very Good instead of Excellent.Other than that, the hotel was great. The room was large and clean and very comfortable. The location is superb--directly across from the McPherson Metro station and close to many restaurants and within safe walking distance,even at night,to the White House and Lafayette Park.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We appreciate your feedback and understanding of trade-offs between location/views and street noise and I hope it wasn't too much of a problem.

Thank you once again. I hope you had a pleasant stay and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.