“Great Experience in DC”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A stay at the Fairmont is always a pleasure. From the inviting lobby to the first class fitness center, the attention to detail is outstanding. Even the in room coffee is good.

Ask about gym clothes and loaner bikes if you forget your gear. The lobby bar is lively when the pianist plays in the early evening. Cilantro offers good (but pricey) food options.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is a review of the Gold floor, which is essentially a home away from home. The staff makes it very special; they know me by name when I check in. The rooms are large and quiet. The food in the concierge lounge is very good and plentiful. I usually eat that instead of having breakfast in the restaurant. At night, I enjoy the chocolate fondue with strawberries.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank HPLowry
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We loved this hotel! Everything about this hotel exudes class. Beautifully decorated, extremely service-oriented and warm staff, and the rooms were very comfortable and posh!

This was our first family trip in D.C. so we wanted something classy, moderately priced, and in great area of D.C. This fits the bill! The rooms were nicely furnished and the bathrooms were very clean. The high-end toiletries were a nice plus, too. It was also nice to have a electronic safe. We had our car valeted throughout our stay (placed in their underneath garage).

Btw, Walgreens is only a few blocks walking distance from the hotel if you need anything. And just as close, is "Bread and Chocolate" cafe. Yum - great for breakast and pastries!!

If we return to D.C., we will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank funtravel6
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying two nights for an on-site business meeting. Wow, I wish every business meeting I travel for was held at this hotel. Service was outstanding from the moment I stepped out of the taxi. The room was beautiful and well-appointed. One of the things I dread when staying at a hotel is the typical awful in-room coffee. I need good java before getting out of my pjs. Behold, The Fairmont has Keurig coffee makers with Green Mountain coffee. Yes!! Located a quick walk away from Georgetown for those looking for dining outside of the hotel or shopping.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank berryme03
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed overnight at the Fairmount for a business meeting and wished I could have moved in! The hotel is beautifully furnished, elegant without being fussy, and well equipped for both business and pleasure visits. Besides the luxe touches that have become almost standard, like comfy beds and robes and abundant desk outlets, the Fairmount includes details that other hotels would do well to add, such as snake-neck reading lamps attached to the bed that cast a cool spotlight right on your page; in-room Keurig coffee makers; and window panels that actually open for some fresh air. Even the coffee service at our meeting included classy touches like flavored syrups, and there were gigantic hot soft pretzels and mustard instead of the usual gluey cookies. One thing I can't comment on is price, because my room was prepaid, but I'll definitely check this place out on my next tourist trip to DC.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business