“Impeccable”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel was great. We've stayed here for 4 nights to explore Washington DC. The rooms are spacious and very clean. You have your own microwave and fridge (just a little bit noisy). There is an indoor swimming pool and fitness center, free to use. You can wash and dry your laundry in the machines (a dollar each and a dollar for soap). Free coffee and tea to go in the morning. The staff was correct.

We don't agree with the comments made about the neighbourhood in earlier reviews. The hotel is only 3 to 4 minutes away from the subway station. 3 stops and you are in the city center. It wasn't a unpleasant or unsafe walk for us. On the corner of the street is a supermarket (Harris Teeter), open until midnight, so you never walk alone. We took a SuperShuttle from/to the airport for 40 $ (around 30 euro's)

Washington isn't a bubbly city (like NYC or Frisco) but good for (American) history lovers. We did the standard/common stuff (White House, Capitol, etc.) The Mall is getting renovated, so no water in the pool only construction workers. We loved Georgetown for shopping and the Eastern Market on a Saturday. Try the pizza's and mini hamburgers at Matchbox. Zaytinya is a good restaurant too. Cupcakelovers can't miss the Red Velvet Bakery.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HidWoen

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days this past weekend and had a pretty great experience. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel was conveniently located near Union Station and several eateries. There is also a grocery store attached which makes it easy to get what you need or left at home.

Room Tip: Check before you arrive to make sure you will get the room you request.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights (2/8-2/13) and we have nothing but positive feedback.
The rooms were beautiful and very clean. Sheets and towels were still soft (after not having been bleached for years). Being so close to a grocery store, pharmacy (within a few hundred feet), and a Metro station (New York/Florida/Galludet University--one small block away) was a huge added bonus. But the BEST part of the hotel was the staff. They were truly customer service focused and that was across the board--from housekeeping to management. I especially have to give credit to Cedric (front desk) for coming through on a strange request. My sister and I are cold sleepers and are used to the hum and circulation that a fan provides. Being winter, the heat was on in the hotel and even after setting the thermostat to 65F, we still were very warm on our first night. We asked Cedric if the hotel had a fan and explained to him why. He said "I got you" and promised he'd get us a fan. We got back to our room later that day and a full size box fan was waiting for us in our room. That fan made a HUGE difference in our trip. If I don't sleep well, I don't feel well, and if I don't feel well, I'm MISERABLE. So thank you, Cedric, for keeping me from being miserable. LOL

Credit also goes out to all the ladies at the front desk who were always friendly and willing to help and to Jonathan (music mogul, valet, door opener, test result picker upper, stamp and laugh provider). You're all awesome. :)

I would and WILL stay here again. And would and WILL recommend highly to anyone visiting the DC area. Keep in mind that the area is up and coming and does not have a HUGE selection of restaurants in the area. However, Five Guys, Au Bon Pain, Potbelly Sandwiches, McDonald's, Wendy's, are all within a block, as well as a few other non-chain eateries. Some of the restaurants run on limited (cater to 9-5ers) hours, but Harris Teeter will be glad to fill your belly until midnight.

GO! And enjoy!

Room Tip: We had what I believe was a north facing room? Room 921. VERY quiet, facing an office building. T...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank havecurveswilltravel
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Beds were huge and so was the room. Breakfast was ok. The computerroom was good too, you could go to internet for free. There was also a place to doo laundry, although it was usually quite crowded and you would have to wait. The gym was nice, but the small pool was too crowded and noisy so we did not even go in. The bus station (where you could go to eg new york) is really close, just a few blocks away. The metro station was quite close too! And there is a big grocery store just next door!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Riikka P
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Hello! Thank you so much for commenting on your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon!

Rich Lingenfelter

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I was already a big Hilton fan and this stay only reinforced my feelings. The hotel is located about 20 minutes from Reagan Airport and one block away from the Red Line Metro. There are several small restaurants next door as well as a coffee shop but they close early so I would recomend that you hop on the Metro for dinner options. We arrived at the hotel at 8 AM so we assumed we were going to just drop our luggage and go but to our surprise they let all three in my party check in. The customer service was exceptional on every front. The front desk personnel answered all of my questions and were very familiar with local attractions and tranportation. The guys working the door were all very nice and knowledgable as well. The cleaning staff had great personalities and were very friendly. I loved the sleep number beds and linens and the rooms had a nice layout. This sounds funny but even the recorded elevator voice was pleasant and inviting.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tjlex

Good Morning,

I am so happy to hear that you liked so many things about our hotel! I am very proud of our hotel team...they are top notch! I hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Hospitably,