“Just go.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: National Archives Metro Stop
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of 6th and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

FYI: If you are considering it, just go. My only complaint is that thr candles weren't real.

From the outside, the restraunt looked like a typical tourist trap. As soon as we walked in, we realized this wasn't the case. This was a very upbeat restraunt, definetly fancier than most. As we sat down, the waiter pulled out our chair and was very polite. There was a wide variety of items on the menu, including gluten free options. I got the signature burger. The fries were very tasty. They tasted like a minature baked potato, just like fries I make at home. The burger buns were toasted, which I love. The patty was juicy and not dry. I requested for the patty to be cooked at a medium temperature, and they got it right on. The applewood smoked bacon was amazing. After, I ordered key lime pie. It was just the right amount of sourness. The whipped cream was not sweet at all. Again, my only complaint is that the candles were not real. If you are thinking about eating here, seriously, just go.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

A bit of a standby for some years in my original home town, Washington DC. Mainly streak and fish, high quality, decent ambiance. You just might see one of your favorite (or unfavorite) politicians there.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious. Atmosphere was very nice. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. I ordered the .22oz bone in rib eye and it was delicious

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Decent good, we all had the 8oz filet cooked three different ways: well/medium/medium rare. All cooked to perfection. Truffle fries were VG. Atmosphere good - not too busy on a summer Friday around 2 pm. Reservations recommended. Clam chowder VG as well. Little pricey - I would think dinner for 3 would be +/- $200.

1  Thank msadler99
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a really special Capital Grille, and you can’t beat the atmosphere...So elegant and professional.
The steaks were great. Mine was just a bit over cooked, so they immediately replaced it and brought a new one.
By the way, don’t miss the perfect onion soup...
The prices are a bit too high, even compared to other great steakhouses in the U.S.