“Fresh Sashimi Yeah”
Review of Zentan

Zentan
Reserve with OpenTable
Zentan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 3,338 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: Thoms Circle
Transit: McPherson Square/Farragut North
Description: Zentan is your DC destination for Modern Pan Asian Cuisine. Our ambiance is perfect for social events, dates, meetings and celebrations and is rivaled only by our chef inspired, seasonal cuisine and handcrafted cocktails. Our sushi is sustainable, flown in fresh and crafted into cold plates and maki’s you won’t find anywhere else. Iffy about raw food? Not a problem! Our extensive selection of Modern Pan Asian cold and hot plates are sure to satisfy any pallet. Each dish is served from the kitchen as soon as it’s prepared; just think Asian Tapas! Here are a few dishes to whet your appetite: Myazaki Beef Hot Rock (cook it yourself, japanese river rock) Peking Chicken (bao buns, black garlic hoisin, cucumber) Maguro Crudo (goat cheese, fuji apples, pumpkin seed oil) Shagalicious (crab salad, cucumber, miazaki beef, tempura ebi, crispy leek)
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice sashimi and sushi rolls dinner with an excellent sake menu. This was very attentive to our needs and his suggestions hit the mark.

Katie M, Manager at Zentan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hi 79aggie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your meal with us. I will share your sentiment with our executive sushi Chef Lin ZhenQun and the rest of our team. I hope you have an amazing rest of your summer. See you again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Three couples staying at the Kimpton Donovan while attending the Kennedy Center shows ate breakfast at Zentan twice and supper once. We thought it was great. First, when I made reservations I was asked about allergies and described one that my wife has. When I ordered a meal containing some of the ingredients my wife is allergic to, the waiter immediately cautioned me about sharing the meal with her. My past experience has been that waiters seldom paid attention to this type of thing and I had never before had one caution me. Cudoes to the waiter and the hostess. We ordered a variety of food for supper and it was all extremely good with great presentation. Service was attentive and thoughtful.

We thought breakfasts were very good and relatively inexpensive. Service was very good. The convenience of eating in the hotel was great

Katie M, Manager at Zentan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hi Bobanloc,

Thank you so much for popping by to share your experience! We are ecstatic to hear we not only fed you delicious sushi, but also that our keen-eyed service staff was able to avoid any allergic reactions. Attention to detail is something we take very seriously and are elated to hear how we created a wonderful experience for the two of you! We hope to see you again very soon!

Best wishes
Adam Allen
Restaurant Manger

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I had the set menu and chose a spicy salmon roll and vegetable curry. Excellent meal and as a bonus Luis gave me a free sorbet to celebrate my return to D.C.!

Katie M, Manager at Zentan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here at Zentan! Your kind words mean a lot to us. I am so glad you had a great meal (and dessert)! We hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a Japanese restaurant that goes the extra mile: look no further. Zentan is a delight for the senses. We took the discovery menu, in which we put our fate in the hands of the chef and he delivered. Big time. He served a series of dishes with a wide range of different tastes. All very refined. All very tasty. We had a cocktail to start with and paid 198 dollar for two. Not cheap but worth it. Service is perfect. Go there.

Katie M, Manager at Zentan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi Koen,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I am so thrilled you enjoyed our Kuidaore experience! Chef Yo puts together a dynamic menu of dishes he loves to make and that take him back to his upbringing in Japan. We are elated to hear you had such a fantastic time! Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 2 June 2017

The decor, ambiance, and service is great. Delicious sushi and the peas/brussels sprout dish is ah-mazing! I would definitely return.

Katie M, Manager at Zentan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hi LoveCN,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your time with us here at Zentan! I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great summer!

Best wishes,