“POV ....Stunning views .......White House and Washington monument”
Review of W Washington D.C.

W Washington D.C.
Ranked #56 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 August 2017

POV .....Went for dinner / cocktails on July 5th .......stunning views of the White House , Washington Monument . Semi open ambience gives it a feel of space ....180 degree views .... Good vibe and crowd !! Food was good too.....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello sam7777Bangalore,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C and you were able to take advantage of our POV Rooftop bar; the view indeed is breathtaking. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Best,
Joanne

There are newer reviews for W Washington D.C.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

It's obvious from the moment you walk in that the owners of the W are trying to make a serious 4 star hotel relaxed & fun. The lobby bar is clearly a popular meeting place and is great fun but can get a little noisy early evening.
The rooms are what you'd expect from a good hotel, spacious, clean & comfortable.
The rooftop bar has a well earned reputation as a Washington hot-spot and the views are indeed fantastic, looking over the mall and the White House. It gets very busy at night but is a must-do on your trip.
The hotel's location really is second to none, right on the mall very close to the monument and the museums and a short stroll to plenty of bars and restaurants.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Welcome Yorksgolfer,

Best,

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The staff couldn't be nicer - I will start with that. I give credit where it is due. My room - showing signs of age. Maybe I was spoiled by The W South Beach. DC needs a face lift. I am here now. I arrived and found one to go cup by the coffee maker. They very kindly brought 2 real cups up very quickly. Derek is an A+ and also brought me some extra Nespresso pods. I like my coffees. I asked for soy milk for my coffee and anywhere else in the world they just give it to me. Here it's $4 +$5 service charge, + tax + tip(because I'm not going to punish the messenger) so $12 for a glass of soy milk. I say leave some Coffeemate packets in the room. I requested for an extra bed in the room, but there wasn't one when I arrived. So I asked that the couch be made up for my son, since it's kind of a tight squeeze and sheets and blankets were dropped off. I asked again that the couch be made up. I finally just did it myself. The roof top bar is just lovely and Leandro is awesome and makes a mean martini. Going to dinner in a bit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hello Vivcioffi,

Thank you so much for reaching out, we know that there are some areas that did not wow you. Please know we are in the process of refreshing our areas and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Your testament regarding our talents is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, we cannot wait to share this with them.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My third visit to Washington DC, and each time I have stopped by at the Hotel Washington AKA the W. Never to stay but to enjoy food and drink. The first time it wasn't a W at all. It was a beautiful old gentleman's club type place with armchairs and drawing rooms. So imagine my shock the second time around when I arrived to find it had transformed into a chic, boutique hotel complete with rooftop bar. This third and most recent visit was for breakfast and I liked it just as much as the previous two occasions. We had a nice booth for the four of us, it was a well thought out menu, and I made a very English choice of poached egg on toast, juice and earl grey tea. Food was delicious, in a fresh, stylish, restaurant, and in a central location by the White House that is surely hard to beat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Onlyplacesilike

Hello Onlyplaceislike,

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was excellent as expected - staff were great, room ended up being an accessible room (which we didn't need) but we made it work and have no complaints. We asked for a fridge and it was in the room on arrival at no charge.
Location was fabulous - close to everything, we walked everywhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Welcome Eurotrip2011,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Stay connected.