All reviews verizon center irish pub free breakfast irish channel gallery place metro station great location h street valet parking national mall chinatown area yogurt few blocks breakfast staff the breakfast area hotel is located within walking distance metro stop
Reviewed 4 August 2015

The hotel staff was cheerful, friendly, and helpful and was centrally located for my business trip with a large number of dining options for within a couple of blocks. I typically use two canes for walking but can manage with one at hotel buffets. The hotel staff noticed my slow movements and offered to help with transporting coffee and my plate to a table, and assisting with opening doors which required key card for access to attached dining establishments (the next-door Irish pub) to save in the distance I needed to walk.

Room Tip: Great for downtown DC business stays. Lots of restaurants.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Jim R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear 822Mary,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown through TripAdvisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Washington.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Excellent hotel. The staff was awesome and very attentive. They recognized my status and welcomed me as a gold member. The hotel was full and therefore upgrades were not available. I was provided a micro-fridge later that evening. The person that checked me in offered to walk me to my room and he placed my luggage on the luggage rack. Thank you very much. The linen and bedding were soft and comfortable. I stayed on the 10th floor facing the church. The room location was fine. The room had connecting doors and normally I would prefer not staying in a connecting room for safety reasons, but the attended check the locks for me and everything was ok.

During checkin, I played spin the wheel which was fun, I am now waiting for my points to post from the game.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank marriott4ever

Dear Marriott4ever,

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Nice place to stay for our visit to DC. Walking distance to most attractions we wanted to go. Located in Chinatown, so good Chinese food around. Convenient. Walgreens and Starbucks were nearby. Lobby was nice. Friendly staff, always greeted us in and out. Coffee around the clock. Cookies in the evening. Only downside is no pool. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Mommymeow,

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel features everything for the business traveller- close the Gallery Place Metro station- close to restaurants - complimentary hot breakfast daily- if you need to get Reagan Airport - Uber is very convenient- Walgrens is a half a block away

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 98dary
Jim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown.

We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area and that we are able to deliver five star service!

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Great hotel, the staff was super and very helpful. The location is good, you can walk to a lot of the attractions and museums. Your right in the heart of China Town. My only complaint, and it has nothing to do with the hotel, was the amount of homeless people that where in the area. I was really surprised to see this in our nations Capitol .

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family