“One night is good enough!”

District Hotel Washington
Ranked #133 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed there last weekend for one night and that was sufficient. My room had two large beds and was actually quite sizeable, considering it is the least expensive in the neighborhood. I was quite pleased, even though it was obvious that the building itself was worn out. The thin walls allowed noises from the hallway and next rooms to penetrate -- at 5:00 in the morning no less!! The breakfast was nothing fancy, cereal and muffins plus coffee and juice. But it was nice not having to step outside for breakfast. The front desk staff was friendly enough, though not exactly warm! For the price and the location, it was a good deal, but as I said, one night was sufficient!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank beebahk
There are newer reviews for District Hotel Washington

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed at the district hotel for 4 nights. The price was good under a 90 for D.C. The room was small only room for a full sizes bed and a chair. Bathroom was clean but tiles on the floor were coming up, door world not close properly, tiles in the shower were loose. Overall condition of the hotel rundown I would not recommend this hotel unless you just needed a place to sleep and nothing ells. Staff was nice location ok with in walking distance to the METRO and Dupont Circle.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here 4 nights recently. As many of the reviews have stated, the hotel was nothing special but for those willing to consider less than luxury it was clean and comfortable enough with excellent location and great value compared to alternatives.(I paid under $100 a night through travelocity) My first room did not have a table for computer work but they switched me to another more spacious room upon request. Staff was friendly but not knowledgeable about the city and wake up system didn't work.Note that rooms are walkup.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Wander25
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I consider myself an easy-to-please person because I like super 8, but this one is even worse than the average super 8. I booked a queen bed room, and the room is so tiny that there is only enough room for one bed and a small dresser in front of the bed. The carpet and the walls were very old. As other people mentioned, the room was noisy. The good thing about this place is that they provide very good breakfast and filtered water. The location is also good. But if you are not on a very very tight budget, I would suggest you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: choose a more expensive room if you can
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Ok so lets put this in context - the hotel cost me $207 + tax for 3 nights through Hostelworld, the cheapest hotel I could find in the centre of DC.

We arrived 15 minutes prior to the official check in time, the staff didn't even bother to check to see if any rooms were available, we had to take a seat until it was the correct time - ok so we were early but I've arrived early at a few hotels all over the world and have never been told to wait until to correct time!

We were allocated a room on the 4th floor, if you've read any of the other reviews on here then you'll know that the hotel's lift is not in operation, we were prepared for this and weren't not too bothered about having to walk our luggage up the stairs, you only have to move your luggage when you arrive and when you leave so does that really matter? Although, nearly every day when we got back to our room our key wouldn't work so one of us had to walk down the stairs and back up again to get that sorted.

The room was small and shabby (I certainly didn't walk bare foot on the carpet!), the bathroom was quite large in comparison and it was newer and clean my only gripe is that the towels were old and some of them had stains on them.

The breakfast was very basic, they had a waffle iron which was a nice touch. There was one very slow toaster for all of the guests to use, how much does it cost to invest in a couple of new toasters! As explained by other reviewers, the breakfast is served in the lobby, we opted to take our breakfast back to our room as it was a bit too communal for our liking.

Overall, apart from their initial unhelpfulness at check in, the staff were friendly and helpful and the location of this hotel was perfect for all of the main sites. The District Hotel is a place to sleep in a city so you don't need to spend much time in your room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple