“Charming pub with great food”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,522 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Description: We serve cuisine that's unique and global in a fun and creative space. Our unique and global cuisine utilizes every part of the bird. Dinner service begins daily at 5 PM Monday - Thursday, 4 PM on Friday. Brunch is served on the weekends beginning at 9 AM. Our extensive wine list features New and Old World wines and highlights many sustainable, biodynamic or organic options. Craft cocktails featuring locally curated spirits are also available in addition to three local draft beers.
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere, delicious bird dishes (chicken, guinea fowl).

Super friendly staff, all a bit chaotic though and lack of space.

Perfect location for casual dining among friends.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I just hosted my nieces bridal shower at THE BIRD on their upstairs outdoor patio. It was EXCELLENT in every way. Service was top notch in planning and execution. From site coordinator to bartenders chef and waiters - we were all very pleased! The food was EXCELLENT and everyone raved about their meals. The room was perfect. Unfortunately it rained and I was so worried - but their room and plastic side walls were PERFECT - it could not have been nicer. They accommodated our requests for table cloths and special napkins, helped with floral arrangements. a 10 out of 10 for sure!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My local friends recommended The Bird and it was an amazing experience. I loved the cherry blossom decor, the cocktails were exceptional - but the best part was the food. Hands down the Duck burger was in the top 10 of the best burgers I've had.

Almond cake for the win.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

This past weekend my fiance and I hosted a joint shower at The Bird. Andy Phan and Heidi Minora helped us lock in their incredible venue with ease and the space was absolutely perfect. Every single detail from the wait staff, to the food was absolute perfection. I wouldnt have changed a single thing! The terrace where we held our party opens up and comfortably fit around 30 adults. There was plenty of food for everyone and I truly think every single person had a blast! I would absolutely host another party here in the future and highly recommend stopping in for dinner if you are in the DC area!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The duck gnocchi appetizer was worth coming. Fried chicken was good - use the sauce (very good). Dessert was chocolate ice cream cake. Also really good.