Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$439
US$175
US$215
US$192
US$202
US$175
  • Free Breakfast
Hamilton Hotel Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$123
Official Website
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$114
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$125
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$320
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$220
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$179
US$148
  • Restaurant
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Out hosts were very attentive and kind. We were impressed with the accommodations and location to the main area of the city. We had a excellent visit to Washington and will absolutely book a future stay here. Lauren and Diane were wonderful. We felt at home! A+++

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Blacktulipdesigns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Lauren Powell is a wonderful innkeeper and the Carriage House is an eclectic mix of the family's world travels and decorating skills. The location can't be beat - you can walk from the B&B to the Library of Congress, Capitol Hill, Smithsonian, even the Lincoln Memorial if you're feeling ambitious.

Should you arrive by Amtrak, find your way in Union Station to a customer service booth where, if you're a senior (62+), you can purchase a Senior SmarTrip metro card for great rates on the subway and buses. Once you've loaded a little money on the card, take the Blue Metro Line to the Capitol South metro stop. On exiting, it's a couple of blocks' walk to the B&B.

There are good pubs and restaurants nearby for lunch or dinner at the end of a working or sightseeing day. The breakfast offered at the Carriage House is adequate; however, it could be improved upon with some variety: the addition of cheeses, more yogurts, fruit salads, artisan breads. Having said that, whether you are on business or pleasure, this B&B is near perfect.

Room Tip: Suggest you bring your own reading light as the bedrooms have very low lighting.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank worldtravel60
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This B&B is like your own home...but way better. The house is amazing. I enjoyed the innkeepers - they were very friendly and helpful. My room was private and bed was soft and relaxing. They've gone to endless lengths on the decor and have the staples around (water, lite snacks, etc.). Some rooms have a cosy, shared porch. **I would stay here again in a heartbeat.** Expectations exceeded. 5 minutes (very safe at all hours) walk to good food up on 8th. Not very far at all from Library of Congress, Capitol Hill, etc. About 10 minutes walk from Eastern Market (another delight). Several blocks from the Subway - just bear in mind re: luggage.

Only note I'd make it around the stairs. Few but STEEP stairs and then stairs up to the rooms on the inside. If stairs are a problem - you'll definitely want pass.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Becky208
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great experience overall! I arrived in the evening, and received a very warm welcome. I was shown around the house: my room, which was lovely, the kitchen where I could have breakfast, and was treated with a glass of wine. I didn't see the hostess after that, but the room was cleaned and towels were changed every day. It's an old house, so it's not that sparkly modern glass-and-concrete feel of a hotel. For me personally, it's a big advantage.

The building is a real character house! They also have a very nice balcony on the second floor, and a terrace on the main floor with soft couches to have dinner or just relax. Met the puppies twice during my 3-day stay - very friendly and funny. They never followed me to the stairs, but stayed on the main floor.

The location is wonderful! Can't beat that. Everything I needed was a walking distance from the Carriage house: Library of Congress, different museums, as well as various restaurants. Also, everyone said, it's the safest area of Washington.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Maryna123
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We booked this charming town home for a weeklong stay with our family of four. I can't say enough wonderful things about the Carriage House! First, the location was fabulous! Close to the Metro, great restaurants on 8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, across the street from a nice, neighborhood park, and nestled in a charming Capitol Hill neighborhood. With children, one of my main concerns was feeling safe during our comings and goings, and never once did we feel uncomfortable walking around the area, even when our wanderings brought us home very late one evening. The home was clean and fresh smelling, and features a comfortable decor and a kitchen well stocked if one chooses to do some cooking. The owners were there when we needed them, even providing us with extra umbrellas during a few rainy days, and left us alone the rest of the time. This home really offers travelers the best of all worlds... an affordable option to hotels, quaint and comfortable accommodations in a lovely neighborhood, and a location that was better than I could have imagined! I would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to D.C.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family