US$170
US$155
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Hamilton Hotel Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$109
Official Website
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

The Wink(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$288
US$251
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$306/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$194
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$144
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Pros: Great location
Self catering B&B
Room we stayed in had a back porch
Private bath with a great walk-in shower
Mimi the cat, and the cute dog

Cons: No lock on room's exterior door(Only able to lock when in the room)
Mattress was too firm for our liking.
A fan would be nice

Room Tip: If you want a cooked breakfast rent the carriage house where you can cook.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trvl1961
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have mixed feelings about this place. Depending on what you expect or need for your stay, you might want to give from 1 to 5 stars for this place.

Pro:
- Location. Just three blocks from the Capitol in a nice neighborhood that can be walked any time of day (or night). I also walked to Nationals games and back in 15 minutes. I always felt safe doing so, even at nights. However, the nearest metro station is also three blocks away. With heavy suitcases you may be better off taking a cab.
- Room. My room on the first floor was comfortable, clean, with enough closet space and a big, shared balcony. The bed was a bit soft for my taste.

Con:
- Hospitality. If you want that family feeling with cordial hosts who will give you tips on what to do and where to go, this is not the place to stay. I saw the hosts once, upon arrival, and not for the rest of my five day stay. The male maid from Ethiopia is friendly but very talkative in a pidgin English I couldn't understand most of the time.
- Breakfast. They say 'Continental Breakfast' but some cereal, yogurt and muffins don't do the trick for me.

To summarize, if you want a nice room in a great location: 5 stars. If you want a friendly chat with your hosts over breakfast: 1 star.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cu8sfan
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Very nice accomodations in a super location. Comfortable room nicely decorated. Priced right. We were made to feel right at home by our hostess. We have stayed here twice and plan to stay again.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different rooms; both were clean, comfortable and artfully decorated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

It was our first time in washington DC and we stayed at the Carriage House for 8 days, It was very quite and very beautifully decorated it had alot of different items we liked the space Coyotes the best. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable and also had a pvt bath which was nice. Theu also provided a little refrigerator in the hall way for the guest to use which was very convenient. we had family to visit us while staying there and spent time socializing in the living room and the owners offered wine and drinks whilke we visited with our family, I would recomend this place to all my friends very friendly and home like.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stopped going to bed and breakfasts when I started to value my privacy and some modern amenities more than "charm". Well, at the Carriage House on Capitol Hill you get both! Once you are in your room, it is entirely private and the baths are nicely updated for lodging with this sense of history and yes, "charm". This is not one of those stuffy b & b's that will remind you of some dainty granny's spindly antiques. Instead it is done in a hip/bold/smart way that still honors the cosmopolitan history of this part of the world. There is a friendly dog and a lovely cat, and something interesting to see at every turn. If the owners are away at work you are likely to have some independence (I like that) or else meet one of the interesting-and-lovely people that help run the house (I like them, too). I prefer getting my own light breakfast in the morning and not feeling like I have to appear at a sit-down event with strangers, so the DIY breakfast is right up my alley. But, there is a friendly atmosphere and if you want conversation you will find it. It feels as if you live in this hip and imaginative house on Capitol Hill. Hooray.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends