I have mixed feelings about this place. Depending on what you expect or need for your stay, you might want to give from 1 to 5 stars for this place.
- Location. Just three blocks from the Capitol in a nice neighborhood that can be walked any time of day (or night). I also walked to Nationals games and back in 15 minutes. I always felt safe doing so, even at nights. However, the nearest metro station is also three blocks away. With heavy suitcases you may be better off taking a cab.
- Room. My room on the first floor was comfortable, clean, with enough closet space and a big, shared balcony. The bed was a bit soft for my taste.
- Hospitality. If you want that family feeling with cordial hosts who will give you tips on what to do and where to go, this is not the place to stay. I saw the hosts once, upon arrival, and not for the rest of my five day stay. The male maid from Ethiopia is friendly but very talkative in a pidgin English I couldn't understand most of the time.
- Breakfast. They say 'Continental Breakfast' but some cereal, yogurt and muffins don't do the trick for me.
To summarize, if you want a nice room in a great location: 5 stars. If you want a friendly chat with your hosts over breakfast: 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk to the Smithsonian Museums, Library of Congress, U.S. Capitol, or the White House. We are 4 blocks from the Capitol South Metro station and steps from the Congressional offices. This comfortable private home B&B offers 4 rooms, each with queen bed and private bath, or a 2 bedroom, private entrance suite with living room and 1.5 baths. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc