All reviewsrooftop poolart and soulunion stationspecial shoutcounter spacefire stationcapitol hillfitness roomfront deskchecking innice hotelexcellent staysight seeinglocation is greatwould stay here againnational mallwithin walking distance
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I spend 2 nights in this hotel during Independence Day, on the first night, I woke up in the midnight b/c my neck and ear back is so itchy, I am sure there are no mosquitos in this room, so it has to be the dirty pillow, and this didn't happen on my second night because the room service clean the room and switch the pillowcase I guess. Also, I can clearly hear the next door opening door, it's not so quiet.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Michael C -

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your review. I am sorry that any part of your experience wasn't perfect and have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping as well. While we replace all linen and inspect all rooms for all arriving guests, there may have been a spot or unrinsed detergent that we should have caught on the pillowcase that could have caused the irritation. I have also talked to our laundry company as well as I want to ensure that every guest experience is positive and that any issues raised are reviewed and addressed immediatley. I appreciate you mentioning this in your review and giving us the opportunity to respond immediately. We hope to have you back in the future for a completely restful stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

As a meeting planner, I always look for the best hotels that fit my client's needs. I have very high expectations and absolutely need every part of my meeting to go seamless - reservations, food and beverage, and audio visual. from reservations to food and beverage to audio visual. The Liaison hit it out of the park with their customer service! I was incredibly impressed with

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank S4RMOS
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear S4RMOS -

Thank you SO MUCH for the outstanding review and for your trust in the Liaison and our team to host your program. We have a great F&B team that executes meetings and events very well and our sales and conference service team members are also the best. I am very glad that you experienced what we get to see every day - outstanding people taking care of clients and guests. Thank you very much for sharing your great experience and we look forward to hosting you and your group again very soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Sherrod was great. He provided a great experience checking into the Liaison for the first time! He was very helpful and polite! We look forward to staying here again thanks to Sherrod. He even suggested a variety of stores and restaurants in the area!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nadea T

Dear Nadea -

Thank you very much for sharing such outstanding comments and for being our guest at the Liaison Capitol Hill. We love hearing that the team made such an impact on your stay and especially Sherrod. He is dynamic and aboslutley one of our service leaders at the desk and we are all excited to have you back with us in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing such a great review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I am writing this towards the end of my two-week stay at the hotel for a business trip. Bottom line, I would recommend the hotel based primarily on its customer service and pool. In fact, I plan to repeat the two-week stay every summer that I have my business contract, and I have recommended that my colleagues do the same. Indeed, I signed up with the Joie de Vivre club because I fully intend to return.

For more detail, below I have organized this review in terms of the good, bad, and ugly.

Good:
Customer Service. Most important, this hotel has terrific customer service. From the front desk, to maintenance, concierge, bell staff, doormen, valets, the pool staff, housekeeping, and the bar staff, these folks are lovely - helpful and personable. They provided personal touches that are the primary reason I intend to return next year. Special shout out to Jade at the front desk who recognized and greeted me by name, and sent to my room a bottle of wine (for me) and milk and cookies (for my daughter). It really made us feel special.

Rooftop Pool.The business that hired me has an account with the Sofitel, but I asked for a hotel with a pool. Even though the Sofitel was a more convenient location to the business, I am SO happy I made the pool request. I spent some time there almost daily. It is a lovely pool with a nice (albeit expensive) bar, and great cabanas and poolside seating. I wish I could have taken advantage of the evening events that the hotel hosted on the rooftop.

Refrigerator. I was glad the hotel provided one upon request.

Bad:
Not horrible, but: I wish the rooms had microwaves; my room smelled a bit of cigarette smoke; and given that I was staying for such a long time, I think an upgrade would have been nice.

Ugly:
Check in was awful, but it was a fluke. Apparently the computers went down on July 9th, and the place was a madhouse. I paid a change flight fee to get to my job early, and I was among the 70 or so pissed off people who were stuck in the lobby as part of a delayed check in. I thought that the letter of apology from the manager that was slipped under the door later was nice, but an insufficient gesture on his part.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lemur2007
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Lenur2007 -

Thank you very much for being our guest and for your future committment - there truly is no better compliment that we can ever receive. I also want to thank you for your patience at check-in when we had to work to overcome a system outage. It is becuase of patient guests like you that we were able to successfully work through the issue although with manuallyy checking 275 check in rooms, the process was very slow and again, your understanding was critical to us being able to work though this challenge. We appreciate the great comments on the team and I have shared your comments already with our team to highlight, as you correctly noted, guests such as yourself with an extended stay and making sure we do the little things - refrigerator, upgrades, etc. - without asing and recognizing the committment you've made to us.

We look forward to your return where I promise and committ our team to improving your overall positive experience so that we exceed your expectations. We appreciate having you with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

From this hotel, you can walk to the National Mall and see all the museums, capitol and white house. If you like to walk, this place is heaven. If you prefer a hop on, hop off bus, the bus stops in front of the hotel. They also have a good but expensive restaurant in the lobby - BUT STAY AWAY FROM BREAKFAST. It's expensive and you get very little. There are breakfast places that offer a lot more like Phillips and others.

Parking is expensive ($20+) per day, not sure because I took Amtrak to DC. Beware of the facility fee of $22.95 + tax. This is for the use of the pool, business center and wifi. I told them I wasn't using any of those and wasn't paying any of those fees. They agreed to waive it and when I checked out, guess what - they were on the bill,$158.10 for 5 days. I received my bill and didn't check it cause I was in a hurry but noticed it the next day. I called billing and left 3 messages until someone called me back 4 days later. They agreed to credit out $131.75 but not the tax portion of $26.35. That's why I didn't give them 5 star, although the hotel services were good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ScubadiverNy

Dear ScubadiverNY -

Thank you so much for being our guest and sharing your comments online. I apologize if there were any billing or other issues with your stay as our goal is to be a seamless part of your visit to Washington and we obviously fell short of delivering on that promise. I appreciate your comments and have followed-up with our accounting team as well as 100% any charges credited, including tax, should have been adjusted. I will ensure that all adjustments made in July are reviewed and corrections made if necessary immediately. Again, I am sorry that we fell short in delivering exceptional service in every facet of your stay and hope that we will have you back in the future to demonstrate our ability to exceed your expectations. Thank you.