All reviews rooftop pool art and soul front desk capitol hill union station mins walk away spent one night here hotel location is great recommend this hotel walking distance huge tv birthday weekend counter space fire station complimentary coffee homeless people per day
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Our stay at Liaison was nothing short of great! Sherrod was extremely accommodating at the front desk and was always helpful throughout our stay. We utilized the concierge to help with dinner options and the best way to get around the city. All of the staff were always helpful and friendly, making our stay enjoyable! The rooms were clean and a great size and the hotel was in a great location! I would highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again when visiting DC.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsay W
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Lindsay W -

Thank you so much for being our guest at the Liaison Capitol Hill! Thank you too for the shout out to Sherrod. As you know, he is a dynamic personality at our desk and it is great to hear that he had such a great impact on your visit. We also greatly appreciate the recommendation as there is really no better compliment that we can receive. We hope to have you back again soon and thank you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Jade at the front desk was so warm and welcoming when we first got there. My fiancee and I got engaged on the trip, she heard about it and sent us chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and a card. So incredibly thankful for her kind soul. Also night shift at the desk, Jason was great and super helpful to us at 1am when we got back froma concert. House keeping was great room was always clean and they were super fast when bringing us extra items requested. Only downside about hotel was the parking. Over all 5 stars it was a great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Leia V

Dear Leia V -

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! We are happy for you and appreciative that you were with us for what turned out to be an extra-special stay. Thank you too for the great comments about Jade. She is one of our key team members at the desk and we love hearing that she was able to enhance your experience with us. We look forward to having you back again soon and again, congratulations on your engagement.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The Liaison Capital Hill DC was overall a horrible hotel. Upon arriving no bell hops offered to help but instead yelled at us to use their door properly whilst we struggled with our bags. They took a holding fee and are yet to return it even though there was absolutely no issues with our room. So if you like giving out free money with it not returning then this is the hotel for you. The room was great but no fridge to put water in but rather warm water costing $7US for a small bottle. Upon going to the pool where they supply towels for their guests, we went swimming and went to use the towel but we were told to put it back as we couldn’t use it as it was for hotel guests only and we were hotel guests. The only reason it has 2/5 rather then 1/5 is because of the location and how lovely the house keeper for our room was. Seriously, horrible customer service, horrible administration and would not recommend this hotel for someone young.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Elizabeth M -

Thank you for being our guest and I am sorry that any part of your stay did not beat your expectations. While we appreciate the very positive comments on our housekeeping team member, it is disappointing that the service you experienced in other aspects of yor dtay did not deliver as needed. While the incidental deposit is immediately released upon checkout, if you utilized a debit card vs. a credit card the release\credit can be delayed by as much as 10 business days based on yuour financial provider. Again, I am very sorry that we did not deliver the service you expected and deserved on your visit to DC but thank you for sharing your comments so that we can focus our energies and improve.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I am going to commend Tena, the restaurant manager for her great customer service. You and Vernon (restaurant waiter)saved our vacation! And you made up for the horrible customer service at the rooftop bar! Thanks again for doing a job well done!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Maria C -

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very sorry that any part of your experience fell short of your expectations and the level of service that you deserve. Thank you for the recognition for Tena and Vernon who are two of our best and please know I have already shared your feedback with our F&B team so we can identify and address any issues related to service on our rooftop. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and please know we are addressing immediately.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Liaison before and my stay has always been adequate. I’ve had no complaints.

They have a beautiful rooftop pool and bar which is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. The views are gorgeous.

It is a clean, attractive hotel. The beds and pillows are comfortable. It is located within walking distance of Union Station, the National Mall and Smithsonian. Obviously, it is a short walk to The Capitol, Congress and Senate buildings.

I like that they have bathtubs. I am probably one of the only people in the USA who actually enjoys and takes baths! A lot of hotels only have showers. I am happy that the Liaison has both options.

This year everything was different.

While my previous stays have always been adequate, there was nothing particularly exceptional or memorable.

This time I was blown away! The service was one of the best service experiences I have had in my life!

It started when I walked into a very busy lobby. I initially encountered a playful gentleman standing in front of the registration desk who claimed he didn’t work there. It turns out he did and was very helpful in helping me locate my meeting!

Check in was fast and seamless. Jessica checked me in. She greeted me with a smile and was very friendly and pleasant. She provided excellent customer service.

I left my luggage in the room and went out for dinner. Upon my return I was shocked to find a fresh fruit plate, with a thoughtful card and a bottle of white wine! At first I thought I had walked into the wrong room (even though my key worked!). They must have made a mistake, I hadn’t ordered anything! When I read the kind greeting card it warmed my heart. It was a perfect end to a long day!

Thank you Deangelo, Jessica, guy who claims to not work here but really does, and to all the hard working staff at the Liaison Hotel! I appreciate all you have done to make my first night a fantastic one! I look forward to the rest of my stay! Your efforts are appreciated. I hope you all get a raise!

The only small complaint I have is that they charged $6 for a bottle of water. $6?! I would much rather they charge me $6 more for my hotel stay and give me the water for free. However, this is certainly not something that would prevent me from coming back.

I look forward to visiting next year. I highly recommend the Liaison Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank zuluprincess
Jeff B, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill DC, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear zuluprincess -

Thank you so much for staying with us and for returning to the Liaison Capitol Hill. It is outstanding to hear that the team and especially Jessica and Deangelo along with our random lobby ambassador, made such a great first impression on your stay. We value all of our guests and our repeat guests especially are great as you have committed to making us your hotel in DC. Thank you so much for being our regular guest and for sharing such terrific comments that I look forward to sharing with our team and we look forward to having you back very soon!