“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of La Esquina

La Esquina
Ranked #85 of 127 Restaurants in Trinidad
Reviewed 26 March 2017

In this restaurant you can find all the traditional Cuban dishes and just wind down after a long hot day in Trinidad. We sat in the patio which is really a lovely place, certainly when it is cooling down a bit.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

I can't say whether the restaurant has changed, but now it's one of the most expensive restaurants we've encountered. Meals around 15 CUC are really far from a budget place. We didn't go in, so I can't tell more, just warn others, the one $ sign is far from the truth

Reviewed 26 February 2016

This restaurant is in the middle of Trinidad and offer a nice patio where you can sit. The menu are very convenient and tasty. Food is slow but cocktails very good. Acceptable quality

Reviewed 29 November 2015

We had dinner there twice, we were satisfied with the food and the serving too. We chose chicken, pork and shrimp meals and everything was delicious. We even ordered pork sandwich to take for the next day because we had to leave the town very early and it was great and big enough for a 8-hours trip.Recommended.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

The first day we were in Trinidad we went for lunch to “La Esquina”, a small restaurant with Mexican cuisine close to the central place (Plaza Mayor). The owner seems to be very religious – in every room were Christian signs or figures, sometime made of wood from old ships. The place was pretty small, but enough to fit all of us 16. I ordered Ropa Vieja, for the first time in Cuba (by chance I ate it in Vancouver just few weeks before). As usual in Cuba, it took quite a while to get the meal served. Meanwhile, we got some popcorn (typical Mexican…LOL). A friend who sat at the same table as me got her shrimp cocktail first. And she was not impressed at all. I tried several cocktails: Pina Colada and, for the first time, Trinidad Colonial, a very colourful drink with Curacao, rum, orange juice (and I don’t know what else). The Ropa Vieja came. Since, at that time, I didn’t have any real idea how it suppose to be, I cannot comment on that. I believe it was not bad. Most of the members of our group didn’t appear to be disappointed. So I would say, it was an average experience, not bad but also not special. The prices were at least good.