US$37
  • Breakfast included
US$297
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviewsan amuse boucheshady courtyardbeautiful oasisair conboutique hotelropa viejasmall hoteleach eveningstayed here for nightsour room was spacioustown centrefresh fruitfantastic hostsriceshrimproof terracemeals
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here for 4 days in May with my wife, mother and 17month old. This was the best place we stayed in Cuba. Our hosts were amazingly welcoming, providing lovely food and great cocktails. We tried new cocktails every night! Alberto and Osmary are unbelievably helpful. They are happy to answer all your questions and their English is great. When our daughter tripped and cut herself they even got their family doctor round to check her out without charging! At other places we stayed the hosts would have got the doctor round and taken a cut off his fees!

Our room was spacious and clean and cool. The casa had a large lovely quiet courtyard to eat meals/chill out. They even have a small pool and free internet (although it is slow). Add all that to a location a few blocks from the centre and there is nothing else you need. Don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Coverack
TanjaB2011, Owner at Casa OsmaryAlberto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you Heather for your kind words. We love welcoming people like you into our home and we're delighted that you had such a great time in Trinidad. You're family are welcome any time. Abrazos Alberto & Osmary

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Actually, there are many reasons! Let's start with the fact that Alberto and Osmary went out of their way to make our stay there special. It was our anniversary the first day we arrived. Alberto and Osmary not only cooked up a special (delicious) dinner, complete with fresh fish, flaming cake and excellent cocktails, but they also brought in a classical guitar player to entertain us (and give us a few dancing lessons). In our room that night they had left champagne as well!
The layout of their house is lovely with lots of plants and sitting space. This was the best place to sip rum, smoke a cigar (our first) and meet other travelers. Alberto and Osmary speak English, but were so willing to suffer through our Spanish so that we could practice and were happy to answer so many of the questions we had about Cuba.
Another reason I want to mention: in town one day we got to talking with a Cuban woman from Trinidad. She mentioned that she had lived there all her life and that this couple (Osmary y Alberto) were often doing things that were good for the community (i.e. donating clothes or food) and you can see the ripple effects of your stay here as having a positive and sustainable impact on the town. We stayed here three nights (which is longer by 2 than any other place we stayed in Cuba). We wished to stay a fourth, but they were full, so we stayed with Alberto's mom in the middle of town, which was another fabulous casa. Amazing family, amazing casa! Vamos a regresar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We, a family of five(three kids), were received with lots of hospitality. Roberto gave lots of advise and made our stay perfect. Very clean and tasty food. This place is already on the verge to a hotel experience and a little more expensive than other casas in all respects. Nevertheless a very good place for a family or a couple. We would always stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at Casa Osmary Alberto in late March this year. Firstly we were greeted at the coach station by 'Jack Black' or his doppleganger - I believe Alberto's cousin. He took us in his car to the casa - it wasn't far but the roads are cobbled so we were grateful of this with our giant case that barely fitted Jack's boot! The casa has rather gawdy loud bedrooms, but a lovely courtyard, comfy bed, large clean bathroom en suite and within short walks you can see most of the town. We ate all our dinners here - I know that doesn't sound adventurous - but it was just so good :-) Every morning he'd offer us a whole array of choices (chicken, pork, lamb, fish, seafood etc) so we tried some real Cuban cuisine as fresh and delicious as it comes. The black bean soup was amazing, the grilled red snapper was a little plain but very healthy, and each dinner started with a fantastic 'muse bouche' as the chef at the casa clearly had high aspirations.

Alberto and his family were very helpful throughout our stay, organising transport to Playa Ancon for us (proper 50s car! only 6 CUC each way) and to the local national park where we swam in the refreshing waterfall (20 CUC, driver was Jack Black!). Trinidad itself is a MUST, a wonderful contrast to Havana with old cowboys on donkeys, men stroking chickens on their laps by the side of the road, wonderful old buildings and Mexican baldy dogs running around - almost like being on set of a Western.

I would definitely recommend this casa - after 3 very full days of sightseeing and half board, our end bill was just 155 CUC. I think we spent that in one day in Havana! Visit the 24 hour bar for a mojito.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamsr32
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place and the people who own and run it. I visited Trinidad for 5 days in early May after a week's Cultural Exchange in Havana with a choir I sing with in Vancouver, Canada. The reviews here speak the absolute truth. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable as is the courtyard where you can relax on a hammock under a lime tree. The incredible food served here is prepared with fine and fresh ingredients and beautifully presented. You are always offered a cocktail before your meal and on a hot day after walking the pebbled streets there is nothing more welcome than an ice cold daiquiri or mojito. But it is the family here that really make the place and Alberto is a very special person. He was so helpful to me during my time in Trinidad with my friend and went way beyond to help me when my iphone was stolen from the bus I took to get there from Havana. He let me use his own cell phone to communicate with my husband in Canada. I can't thank him enough! I can't wait to go back! Trinidad is an absolutely beautiful place! Alberto's wife Osmary is a wonderful artist making beautiful hand-made and hand-painted clothing that is very modern and stylish. Just sorry Alberto that it took me so long to get this review up!

Room Tip: We stayed in the green room. The mattresses were very comfy. The pink room looked lovely too. You can't go wrong anywhere here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends