“Fantastic place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Casa Colonial Torrado 1830
Ranked #40 of 379 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve just got back from traveling around Cuba. I spent 3 nights here and Yosvaldo was the perfect host.

The rooms are clean. We stayed in one with an incredible view over to the bay as well as the bell tower.

We were made very welcome from start to finish.

Probably the best thing about this accommodation that stood out for me was the balconies. There is a 360 degree view and it was so peaceful and tranquil.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Yosvaldo S, Owner at Casa Colonial Torrado 1830, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you very much for your comment. I love that your impression has been favorable about our house and our family. We are always attentive to every detail to make every traveler have an excellent experience in their vacations for our city. Wishing to have you back for our House!

Yosvaldo Saroza

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We were two of the guests staying at this house when the fire broke out in the night of 22nd of November. Needless to say it was the most frightening experience we ever encountered during one of our trips. I feel bad for giving them such a bad review, because I know they very affected by the fire. Also, they were very nice people, Lili being very attentive with everything throughout our stay.
However, the fact that we could have lost our lives in that fire cannot be overlooked and my review addresses a serious safety issue.
We woke up at 4:30 AM, during our last night. We heard something that was similar to the sound made by popcorn when it pops - later we assumed it was china and glasses breaking because of the heat. We did not do anything for the first couple of minutes as we thought they were preparing breakfast perhaps - it was a strange hour for cooking but we were too asleep to notice. Then, the thing that really frightened and made us go into action was hearing a window breaking followed by a man screaming. I was wrong again thinking a burglar might have entered the house and was caught in action - which was quite impossible since all the windows had bars.
When my husband got out of the room there was already heavy smoke in the courtyard and he saw a naked man who was trying to put out the fire with a bucket of water. He asked if he could help and he was told to call the firefighters, but he obviously didn't know the number so he returned to the room grasping the gravity of the situation.
We did not have anything packed, it was the morning of our check-out but we postponed packing the night before as we were very tired. We started desperately throwing things into our luggage, hoping not to leave behind anything important. The lights went off during this, so we had to continue gathering our stuff using the light of our cell phones.
I kept telling my husband that this was serious and we had to leave the house asap. I grabbed my trolley and ran through the U-shaped interior courtyard- I was still wearing my pajamas. When I got to the living room - that was communicating with the kitchen, there were already big tongues of flame coming out from there. The smoke was thick, you could barely see. I remember news reports about fires telling that you first can get intoxicated with smoke and blackout, so I just grabbed my suitcase, held my breath and ran as fast as I could, beside the burning kitchen to the safety outside.
We encountered a man who was trying to help, he asked if there were more people inside, I told him that my husband was still in there. Fortunately, he got out one or two minutes after me. But we did found later that there was another man on the second floor still in the house by the time all other ground floor rooms were evacuated.
For the next couple of hours we watched the house burning like a torch from the sidewalk of the near bus station. I had to change in the bus station, as I was still in my nightgown. I was crying and rummaging through our suitcases to see if the passports ans wallets were in there.
Nobody from the house announced us that there is a fire, I do think that they were out of the house before the majority of us. I fell sorry for them as they obviously had a lot of damage to endure as a consequence of the fire, but they should have acted with more concern towards their guests, as if anything bad was to happen to any of us, things could have been a lot worse.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Yosvaldo S, Owner at Casa Colonial Torrado 1830, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Ioana A:

Thanks for your opinion. Our family apologizes for the inconvenience caused, it really was an issue beyond our reach. Our old house suffered a fire due to electrical failure in a small warehouse area, but never the life of any customer was in danger, as confirmed by the authorities. In no room there was damage to clients' objects or the structure of the house. Only that security measures had to be removed from the property in the period that occurred the event.
Fortunately the service continues and it is only a negative memory.
Always striving for each day to be better and meet all the expectations of travelers who visit our city stopped in time.

Lili and family.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

For our trip to Trinidad this was perfect. Stunning hotel and hosts were very welcoming and helpful. Very clean rooms and good breakfast. This place has a perfect roof top terrace where I did my daily workouts while enjoying looking out over beautiful Trinidad, and also a spot of sunbathing when wanting some quiet time. If you’re travelling around they also have a clothes line which was very helpful to get some clean clothes! Great location as well!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for this comment about our Colonial House 1830, always our family aware of every requirement of the traveler who decides to spend part of his vacation in our city.
For us the most important thing is that it is a beautiful memory and that they come back as soon as possible!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We walked in this casa by chance and after Yoswaldo welcomed us and showed us different rooms, we decided to stay.The house is impressive in its old and classy style and very clean. The view from the rooftop is amazing, a good spot for sunsets. Breakfast is big and with good variety. We had a great time in Trinidad, went often to the beach and tried different restaurants each day. One day we had non stop rain, it was too wet to leave the house, so we decided to have dinner in the casa. It turned out to be a delicious and tasty meal able to compete with any restaurant. We are super happy we found and chose la casa colonial! Greetings to Tjago, the sweet dog.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Yosvaldo S, Owner at Casa Colonial Torrado 1830, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Guests:

A huge pleasure to have shared this wonderful time of your vacation at Casa Colonial! Every moment we strive to do excellent work that is to receive and guide all travelers who are in our city to make your vacation unforgettable,
The taste was ours,
Wishing to find them again,

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Casa Colonial locates in the center of Trinidad old town. The location is superb that is right opposite to the bus terminal and two minutes away from the old plaza. The house is kept in a nice condition and very clean. We saw the staff mopping the floor and cleaning the house during day time. We had a ground floor room but it was quiet and cozy. The toilet was clean and bright. All rooms are equipped with airconditioner and hair dryer. Seeing the sunset on the rooftop was enjoyable with the spectacular view. Yosvaldo is a very good host and he is always friendly and approachable. He knows a lot about Trinidad and we will definitely choose to stay with him again if we come back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear customers:

Thank you very much for your comment. The pleasure was ours to have shared this wonderful time of your vacation at Casa Colonial with the Cuban family! Every moment we work to receive and guide all travelers who are in our city to make their holidays unforgettable,
Wishing to find them again,