“Rude rundown avoid”

Picton Yacht Club Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night after long drive from Greymouth. Booked hotel via Qantas. One of the worst hotels we have had the misfortune to stay in. Greeted at Reception by Manager Trish who was rude arrogant and a disgrace to the hospitality industry. A trainee was on the desk & she treated here disgracefully. We asked if there was an elevator to get to the second floor & were told “walk along there & it’s down there”. We asked if we could park closer & told park where you want. The manager Trish was so rude. If you don’t want to work in hospitality get out. Getting to our room it was disgraceful. Old,dirty, scraps on the door, fridge had frozen slabs of ice, external door barely able to be closed & cheapest television we have ever seen. Then we discovered there was a laundry we could use. Wash was fine but dryer went for 3 hours & clothes still wet. When I queried with reception they said leave & we will look after for you. Went back an hour later & someone had put all our clothes on machine. Greatest insult was when the kind Guest Services officer - Anjay - was trying to help Trish the rude manager just butted in on our conversation & totally ignored me, the client. My advice - don’t even think of staying here. Have advised Qantas as well that they should not be offering this hotel on their website. Trish also needs to get out of the hospitality industry.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank pmes30

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Second review by me here.
I am a rep travelling 20000km a month , I also have a disability RA . Good bed warm quiet and if possible good food , my last review here was 3-4/5 now read ....

5/5... 10/10 however you read it!!!
Checked in met Felicity on counter, Beaming smile so welcoming...

Room 303 top floor overlooking harbour , Great bed that amazing shower with rain head.. large room good heater ... lots of charging points , unlimited free wifi...

Dinner last time I ordered too much and it was awesome .. this time I’m smart ,,duck fat fries and a sticky desert with hand rolled ice cream .. perfect

The Staff
Felicity my reception my waitress and a good person to talk too!!
Felicity you made this trip for me so much better..
May the future for you be perfect and the industry of hotels is better with you in it!!!

Chef
Same chef as last visit, you my friend food beautifully cooked and presented...

To the manager

The reason I keep coming back to this hotel is the staff!!
Your bang on in selection , good people
Well done

So future guests book in, get Seaview room .. try the restaurant food and ask to see the bar ... you will be as happy as I

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Arrived early able to leave car and look at the town before checking in.

Stayed in harbour view room good size bed, fridge, great bathroom.
Free wifi, no code needed, swimming pool heated??? Managed one lap, brrrr
Could have room service breakfast
Handy for ferry in Am

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Fluffy towels, mini fridge, 10 minute walk from the Ferry. Had dinner at the hotel which is unusual for me. They had a special lamb roast at a good price and it was a lovely dinner.
It was $25 NZ and included a glass of wine. The manager saw that I was cold and dinner and lent me her wrap. Beat that for service. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Pictonyachtclubhotel, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Sandra D,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are delighted our hospitality extended to you enhanced your stay with us.
Our 'Hump Day' roast and complimentary wine is proving a winner with our guests. When on the road, a good basic meal really does hit the spot.
Thank you Sandra, for taking the time to write your trip advisor review.

Kind regards
Trish

Reviewed 27 August 2017

super fast check in very late at night. comfortable clean rooms and bed but in the morning loud noise from the street works so ask for a ocean facing room or get up at 6 in the morning. very good coffee

Room Tip: facing the ocean or ask if the road construction has been completed
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pictonyachtclubhotel, Owner at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear fattmatt20,

I am pleased we were able to offer you a waterview room away from the constuction nosie.
Council works are really important in keeping our beautiful town running smoothly ... and top points to the workers whom are working to cause as little disruption as possible.
If you are passing our way again, we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay and yo enjoy our great coffee!

Kind regards
Trish

Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
0.1 km away
0.3 km away
Broadway Motel
Broadway Motel
#2 of 16 in Picton

Been to Picton Yacht Club Hotel? Share your experiences!