All reviews great view the ground floor room was large modern bathroom sky channels free wifi great shower stayed one night would stay again great room ferry terminal town centre harbour view marlborough sounds balcony luggage township
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I arrived to check in to the Picton Yacht Club Hotel only to find that I had made a mistake with my booking, I had accidentally booked through Qantas Hotels for the following month. Not to mention that Qantas had not even passed on my booking properly to the hotel.

The receptionist (I regret that I did not get her name, a lovely Indian woman) was exceptionally helpful. She tried to help me figure out what I had done and what status my booking was at. When we discovered the error, she rebooked me and was able to find me a nice room for a similar price.

I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and it caters to just about every need with lighter meals as well. For dinner, the same woman suggested a wine that I really enjoyed with my dinner.

After dinner I relaxed in my room with a glorious shower and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Pictonyachtclubhotel, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Alexandra C,
I shall definitely pass on to Simal your feedback which we were pleased to receive. We are delighted the outcome was positive and that you enjoyed your time and dining experience with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We booked in to have a break away for a few days after two hectic months. This hotel is really the ace. Great room with a very comfortable bed. The food from the kitchen was very reasonable and tasty. Along with the great views down the sound from either in the bed or from the patio outside our room. Only regret was we forgot our camera.
Certainly can recommend this place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pictonyachtclubhotel, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Peter F,

It was lovely to read your stay with us ticked the boxes for your break-away. I trust you have returned well rested. Perhaps we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is greatly appreciated and an important tool for us to measure our guest comforts and customer service levels.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

One night stay. Friendly reception staff at checkin. Clean, large rooms. Appearance of rooms, hallways and general areas poor. Hotel appears to have some work done but still is generally poor in its general appearance. Around two to three star at most. Mini bar is virtually empty. Dining room is functional but has no atmosphere. The views from rooms and the hotel in general are great but the hotel itself is basic.

Room Tip: Sea / Harbour views recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Pictonyachtclubhotel, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Londontripman1

Thank you for your tripadvisor review of your recent stay with us.
We take on-board, your comments regarding appearances of corridors etc and are pleased to let you know we are currently working on a re-paint throughout the property. Ourhotel does not offer mini bar products, the refrigerator is for guest use.
Again, thankyou for your taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I am a sales rep travelling NZ 28 days a month. I only write reviews for great places
I also have RA. Great shower great bed and warm are my needs.

TUSHAR The duty manager is what took me from 3 to 5 stars. What a star he is ! He was manager assisting me to my room with bags . Polite is an understatement.
He was my waiter at dinner , bar server
Cashier. He is everything! Lovely man!!
Thankyou Tushar!!
The room

Spacious big bed. My only let down
It was so uncomfortable 2 singles pushed together with a hump in middle and no electric blankets. This is my only complaint
Big room, I had my own balcony overlooking the heated pool and harbour.
Good panel heater on wall.
The bathroom
Outstanding shower I had 2 in 8 hrs because I can, rainhead hot good pressure
Proper shampoos in own containers.

Restaurant
I had the sourdough bread with olive oil and the lamb shank beautifully prepared.
I could not eat it all, well done Chef.

I overheard Tushar talking about wine with another guest , He knows his stuff.

New bed better lighting and electric blankets and this hotel is perfect
However for $110 it was worth every cent
I will be back, I'll call first make sure Tushar is there!!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Bruce C

Dear Bruce C

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that Tushar shone through! I will be sure to share your review with him.
It is important to us that guests are comfortble and customer service needs are met, it is lovely to hear Tushar ticked all the boxes for you, I am sorry that you found the bed so uncomfortable.
We would be delighted to have you stay with us again and we shall endeavour to remedy the bed problem.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent a night at the Picton Yacht Club Hotel after a business meeting and having never been in here before. We are very glad we did!
As long serving industry professionals, we expect the basics to be done well and that is exactly what you can expect here. Super friendly reception staff as well as outstanding restaurant staff, along with the lovely big, clean rooms - made this a memorable stay for all the right reasons.
The hotel is set over 3 levels with ocean views available from the 2 upper levels. Our view had us looking straight down the stunning Marlborough Sounds.
Sure there is some cosmetic work in progress to be completed but you can see that this work is in hand and underway.
Congratulations to Trish (GM) and her team for a wonderful experience. This is a property I will definitely be recommending!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pictonyachtclubhotel, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear GDS9664,

My staff and I were delighted to read the review of your recent stay and are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - thank you for taking the time to do this.
Your feedback is an important tool for us to measure our hotel standards and customer service levels.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the near future.