All reviewshome away from homedaily activitiesbeach volleyballactivities organisednight managergreat courtyardsmaller hostelnew friendsgreat activitiesgreat atmospherelong termfelt like homestayed longeroutside areatrain stationperfect locationgreat place to stay
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night then one turned to two, we left but annoying we found ourselves keep coming back,
it felt very homely and enjoyed chatting with the staff and the people staying there,
Would stay again if i find myself over in fremantle.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan C
piratefreo, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

G'day Alan,
Cheers for staying with us. Glad that we could keep you guys for a few nights longer than planned :) Enjoy your work in Southern Cross and we look forward to seeing you back here. Say hi to Josh.
Take care,

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

All of the people I met here (staff included) are absolutely wonderful. The beds are comfy and you get your own locker and lock for the time you are staying. I was only here for a week and wish I could have stayed longer. The location is great, the Fremantle markets are right at the end of the road, the train station is a little less than a 10 minute walk, and there's a beach within short walking distance!
I highly recommend staying here, it really has that home away from home vibe.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Hey Julia,
Thanks heaps for your great review. It was great to have you here for the week and we're looking forward to your return later in the year. Enjoy your travels in the meantime and take care.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I loved my stay at this hostel! The staff is absolutely the most friendly staff I have encountered while traveling in Australia and the owner organizes really nice trips such as bush walks and wine tasting tours, which I both recommend ;). The beds are really comfy and everyone has his own spacious locker, which made the rooms way more tidy than in other hostels. The kitchen is a bit small, but that is the only bad thing I can say about this place. I only stayed for two weeks, but I made some friends for life here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
piratefreo, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

G'day Fleur (Speedy!)
It was great having you here. You definitely have the record for the fastest trekker on the bush walk :)
It was great to see you get into the Pirates life so easily.
Enjoy your new job and we look forward to hopefully seeing you back here when you've finished.
Take care Speedy :)

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Thanks so much to the owner Vaughn, the staff and wveryone else at the hostel for making our stay memorable and great! Good management, lots of free/cheap events ranging from parties to excursions to food/drink. Great vibe about the whole place and very homely! Would absolutely recommend and definitely staying again if im ever in the Perth area again​!

Cheers!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
piratefreo, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

G'day Chris,
Cheers for the great review.
It was a pleasure meeting you and Ida. We loved having you guys here and you definitely added to the good vibe and homely atmosphere we're famous for :)
Take care and hopefully we'll see you back here in the west one day.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Pirates just for a cuple of days but really enjoyed this backpacker. Awesome vibe and cool people especially the crew and Vaughan! The 11th birthday of the hostel was great and everybody enjoyed the free food and boost. Its not the newest and cleanest but the atmosphere make the difference and a visit is definitely worth it!!!

Keep going like that Vaughan!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
piratefreo, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Hey Jonas,
Thanks for your review. It was definitely a brilliant Pirates 11th birthday party. There was definitely a massive amount of free food and alcohol, but you only turn 11 once! :)
Take care in your travels and it was nice to meet you.
Thanks,