“Honeymooners hidden retreat.”
other travellers have booked this property
A wonderfully eclectic space
Hugh glass sliding doors lead to the outside courtyard garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A wonderfully eclectic space
Hugh glass sliding doors lead to the outside courtyard garden.
looking towards the kitchen area
The mezzanine walkway between the upstairs bedroom and bathroom
Spacious upstairs bathroom/dressing room
Enjoy the decadence of a relaxing bath under the stars
Every object has a story!
Looking down from the mezzanine level
Ergonomic and very comfy Illum Wikkelso chair!
Staircase connecting first floor bedroom and bathroom area to ground level
CU
...and we love flowers!
..Our beautiful outdoor dining area
Two mountain bikes available on request with which to explore the coastal heathlands
The Studio is  private and secluded
Enter this magical place through the 'hobbit' door
Great local cafes within 50 metres
... Ootong and Lincoln Cafe just 50 metres away...
South Beach on a perfect day
Visit  historic Fremantle Prison
Enjoy a beach picnic at sun-set
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Perth, Australia
“Honeymooners hidden retreat.”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I were recently married in Fremantle and chose Silver Street Studios as our base for three days following our wedding celebration. What a perfect place for honeymooners! The studio itself was stunning and architecturally fascinating. The space was perfect for relaxing and recharging. We particularly loved the bathtub on the balcony and the many reading nooks found around the property.
A generous hamper was there on our arrival, which inspired us to picnic down at the local beach located about a 7- 10 minute walk away. There is so much to do in the surrounding area and the access to the studio's bikes meant no need to get in your car.
We cannot speak highly enough for this studio. We are from Perth however staying at Silver Street made us feel as though we had escaped to an exotic hideaway. Finally, the location is on the MOST BEAUTIFUL street in Fremantle that manages to find a balance between being private and secluded, all whilst a short hop, skip and jump to the many cafes and restaurants of South Fremantle. This is Fremantle living at its best!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfortable bed, outdoor bath and many nooks for reading
Liked least: That we did not book for longer!
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Nov 2016
Thank you for your beautiful review. We so enjoyed having you to stay in the Studio after your special day and are delighted that the Silver Street Studio made the perfect honeymoon getaway for you. Judy
LindiLB
Singapore, Singapore
“Once again a Great Stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

A year later and we are back in Silver Street Studio. Since our last visit the owners have put a toilet in the bathroom inside the house which was so much more convenient. We had a problem with the power for one night as one of the lights outside had water leaking into it from the heavy storms the previous week. The care takers (Trish & Karl) came in the next morning, called in some electricians and the problem was very quickly rectified and we were given more wine and chocolate as an apology which was not necessary but very much appreciated. We had a great stay.

Management Response
9 Jun 2016
Hi Lindi, I'm so glad that your recent stay with us. Thank you also for your understanding regarding the power outage. We look forward to perhaps seeing you another time.
Janet D
Saint-Pierre d Albigny, France
“Cosy romantic ambiance .great location. warm welcome.”
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Loved the éclectic décor. Appréciâted the generous breakfast hamper, especially the complimentary Vasse Félix wine! Short walk to a beautiful beach or cycle along the coastal heathland on the studio bikes. Relaxing bath on the véranda ! Fabulons break.

LilyHCA
Auckland, New Zealand
“Loved it so much, I'm reviewing it twice...”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I couldn't find the listing for Silver Street initially but as I was so keen to let people know about the gorgeous Silver Street Studio, I posted on the page for the neighbouring Coral Street (both run by Judy and Hugh). Now I have the actual Silver Street spot, I'm posting it again but this is no automation. Just a very enthusiastic guest...

Not only do Judy and Hugh rent out SIlver Street, which looks and sounds wonderful, they also let the adjacent Silver Street Studio where I stayed.
The studio is a bit quirkier being literally a former studio. It's a wonderful building made of old wharf timbers, church stones and other preloved structural treasures. The result feels like it could have been an inspirational workplace for hundreds of years and I noticed how many people have written in the guest book that the sense of a long and exotic history makes it feel like staying in another country.
While the fact that this is a unique structure will charm most people, I should note that it would not suit small children or those with mobility issues. It does have uneven levels in places, the two floors are joined by a very stylish but open staircase that someone of uncertain balance might find a little disconcerting and the toilet is a couple of steps outside the studio rather than inside. It is very well lit and access is entirely sheltered and connected to the studio proper so don't fear; it is not primitive.
Back inside, the studio is beautifully fitted out with all you could practically require plus all the little personal touches that elevate a rental into a gorgeous retreat you never want to leave...vibrant rugs, great books (including a lot of art history), interesting objet (carbolic smoke ball anyone?) and really comfortable furniture including a very good bed.
I was travelling on my own but even to a solo traveller, the romance of the place was palpable. If you're planning to wow a special someone with a romantic getaway this would be the perfect destination. And if you do manage to tear yourself out into the local environs you'll find them well worthwhile. South Beach is a short stroll past a number of great bakeries and cafes. There's also very easy access to the main roads back to Perth and elsewhere.
Judy and Hugh were lovely to deal with and the welcoming basket of goodies was so generous I was well set up for the whole week I stayed. As Judy and Hugh were away when I arrived, I was initially in the very capable hands of their friends Keith and his wife Di. Keith's knowledge of the local services and amenities is extensive and spot on. He could not have made things easier or me feel more welcome. A great host.
So, superlatives abound but every one deserved. I've travelled extensively and expensively and this would be one of my absolute favorite places I have stayed. I will definitely be back. I didn't want to leave!

Travelling group: Solo
MinTintin
Orange, Australia
“A Wonderful Place to Stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We agree with the previous reviews. Silver Street Studio is unique and a wonderful place to stay. The location is excellent, close to cafes with delicious coffee and breakfast. The free Blue Bus circuit (which loops through the main Restuarant and shopping region) is just a few meters away. Communication with the owners and caretakers was easy. We highly recommend this beautiful place.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing