“Wonderful place to stay!”
Review of Valley Hostel

and 1 more site!
Valley Hostel
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The hostel is right in the centre of town, and is very cute and clean. Our double room was a wonderful and comfortable size, and we had our own balcony which looked out at Staubbach Waterfall as well. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the kitchen facilities and laundry facilities of the hostel were also very good. Our stay at the Valley Hostel was very comfortable and would definitley recommend staying here to others visiting Lauterbrunnen.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2011

They made me and my friend pay for four people when it was just the two of us. There was an error with the booking and they treated us poorly over the error. We were polite and friendly and not treated the same in return... They make you wear these cheap flip flops that smell terrible and do not get cleaned after they are worn. We did not sleep well because the room we were put it was right next to the common area and people liked to stay up late and be loud. Overall we were treated poorly and had a bad experience.. We have been to several hostels and this was the worst...

Room Tip: Get a room away from the common area...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Doug1985
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This facility is convenient and a wonderful value for an idyllic location and views. However, it is still a hostel with some of the downside that comes with the territory. For example, we shared a balcony with a young couple who went out on it late at night when we were asleep, talked loudly and woke us up. I had to ask them (in sign language, since we didn't share a spoken language) to please stop. Also, strong odors permeated the floor at 9:30pm when someone was frying cabbage and garlic in the kitchen across the hall from our room.
To be fair, we were probably the oldest visitors there. Just understand that while the place is a bargain and beautifully situated, there is a potential down side.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Nantes, France
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was a wonderful place to stay in the heart of the alps. Just up from Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen is a tiny little town in the foothills of the beautiful snow covered alps. THe Valley Hostel was a perfect, relaxing place to stay. A very cute hostel with nice little rooms with porches that looked out on the train station and the alps. A nice kitchen with supplies and a fridge, and a very nice dining area. Also a nice little yard with lawn chairs and tables to sit at. Very homey, everyone was to take off their shoes and wear the hostel slippers around inside. Communal bathrooms with nice hot showers. Great place to stay and meet people, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
aus
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I only stayed in switzerland for 4 nights and chose the perfect place and location.
I had just come from England where I did the coast to coast walk (google it in your spare time if interested) but pretty much I had been walking for 13 days straight average 25km a day and I needed to do nothing, this was my relaxation part of my holiday. I stayed in a private room with a friend, at an average price (think 50CHF each a night but you wont get cheaper in this town). shared bathroom and kitchen facilities, always cleaned. The views from the rooms are to die for.

There is pleanty to see and do In Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken, just ask the friendly staff. Naturally the more money you have the more extreme activities you can do but if you have a tight budget there is pleanty of hiking trails or you could hire a bike. Just for the record I went in summer time so I didnt get into skiing etc.. I'm sure its a whole new world there in winter time. Anyway this is a perfect place to stay and I will be back. (Stefan - I'am the guy who gave you the Vietnam notes for your collection, thanks again!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tsubs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauterbrunnen
0.3 km away
Hotel Edelweiss
#2 of 20 in Wengen
1.5 km away
#8 of 20 in Wengen

Been to Valley Hostel? Share your experiences!