“PASSING THROUGH TAVIRA”

Roma Italia
Ranked #227 of 303 Restaurants in Tavira
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: we taken over last month, now one of the best restaurant in Tavira for portuguese and italian food. customers are requested to visit for lunch or dinner at least once.
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We planed to Sagras to visit end of europe and world, we moved from monte gordo at around 1300 hrs and felt hungry near TAVIRA, we moved in side the town and reached in old town area garen lagoa and looked ITALIAN restaurant, there was beautiful trice to sit outside front of garden, location and views nice here.
we ordered the Salmon pizza, Tavira Special pizza and Seafood pasta, the pizza base was very soft and delicious and pasta having best quality seafood with I think, tiger prawns in side, taste was amazing with good size portion.
the man serving the food was with funny and joking talks, we laughed a lot and stay there more than two hours, when decided the leave, he served us drink on the house (Licor Beirao) first time I tasted and was really amazing.
All friends recommended for at-least once visit to ROMA ITALIA-TAVIRA and hoping for good experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Me and my friends were looking for fish tonight and were wondering in town, we looked the menu of roma italia and the good boy Mr.Wiki briefed us nicely and suggested for typical algarve dish cataplana, we decided the have experience once again.
Normally restaurants serving cataplana for two persons but roma italia having option for one person as well, so we all three ordered three different cataplanas with our choices, they serve us free starter with very tasty home made bread with butter etc.
than they served us cataplanas, wow ~ exceptional taste with handsum quantity, lambrusko rosy wine was one an other fist and nice experience, staff was friendly and caring, just the red color of walls make me little un-comfortable.

next time I will must go there and suggested to tourist try over there.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Worsed pizza I have tried in my life. Uneatable..goes in the bin. It would be a shame to call it a pizza to start with. The greeksallad was on other hand ok. Stay away from the pizzas. I will stay away compleatly.

1  Thank kickina71
Reviewed 30 September 2016

While in at Tavira, my family and I wanted to have pizza instead of chicken so we went to Roma Italia. The food was absolutely disgusting, I ordered calamari, as it was one ingredient away from being plastic. I'm not sure how you could put so many toppings on the pizza, and for it to still be absolutely tasteless. The staff were very friendly but the food was another story. I knew that this restaurant was going to be a joke after there were several typos in the menu... Also the staff should dress accordingly and invest deodorant... Tourists, please do yourself a favour and avoid Roma Italia!

3  Thank Emma K
Reviewed 30 September 2016

After two weeks of Portuguese food, we gave this place a try since our kids were in the mood for pizza. I'm not sure how you can make a pizza that doesn't taste like anything, but, this restaurant pulled it off. I spied two plates of lasagna at the table beside us that were barely half-eaten, with disgusted looks on the faces of the patrons that had ordered it. The calamari was 6 rings of frozen, mushy rubber -- a complete outrage considering we were in Portugal. The staff were pleasant and attentive, but, the food was terrible. Honestly, this was the worst pizza I've ever had. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place at all costs.

2  Thank Steve K