“Roma Italia for Good Italian Food”
Review of Roma Italia

Roma Italia
Ranked #228 of 302 Restaurants in Tavira
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: we taken over last month, now one of the best restaurant in Tavira for portuguese and italian food. customers are requested to visit for lunch or dinner at least once.
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Sat in the patio area of this quaint Italian restaurant in Old Town Tavira. Food was very good and prices were reasonable. Pizza was just ok but my pasta was excellent and the others in my party were happy with their selections as well (vegetarium, seafood, prawns & fish, steak, etc.). Service was good and the staff were helpful with our food selections.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Teenagers wanted a pizza. I chose pasta pesto. Couldn't taste the pesto and the spaghetti was more like Chinese noodles and dry in the middle. Run by the Indian owners of the curry house next door ( which is great ) They should just stick to curries and leave Italian to the Italians.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Located on a fairly busy road just over the old Roman bridge. I fancied a good old fashioned Spaghetti Bolognese for lunch and this place looked just the ticket.

The waiter that looked after us seemed to be very attentive although my wife thought him a little over familiar. We had a couple of drinks whilst perusing the menu. We had already made up our minds before sitting down but always like a good read of the menu. We ordered the food we wanted and while we waited for it to be prepared they gave us olives and bread free of charge. The pasta was obviously cooked fresh as it took a little while to arrive, a good sign in my book. An absolutely excellent size portion, not large but then again not small. The presentation, flavours and textures were excellent. No desserts this time as we had a trip to the castle to make and I think that desserts would have put an end to that idea.

The cost was relatively inexpensive taking into account the quality of the food, the size of the portions and, of course, the free olives and bread.

Would I eat there again - yes.
Tip for a good table outside - sit away from the roadside as it can be a little noisy and smelly, not the restaurant's fault.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

On a late evening we decided we wanted to get a couple of takeaway pizzas. We ended up here because for a week of walking past and having staff try to wave you in telling us it's the best around we decided to take a chance. I wish we hadn't!
We had two pizzas costing us €17 and two drinks while we waited we don't actually know the cost of the drinks because the waiter never gave us our change.
Now you might think €17 for two pizzas is a good deal....it's not. We had to wait at least 40 minutes for them and when we got half way back to our holiday villa hunger took over and we opened a box for a slice to find that the pizzas were the size of a side plate. Now we did ask how big their largest pizzas were and he gave a size using his hands, we even saw a couple on the tables around us.....that's not the size we got. These small wafer thin slices were more child individual sized pizzas. We were already to far away to go back so we just carried our disappointing boxes home.

The inside of the restaurant was poorly decorated, cold and Uninviting. The owners also have an Indian restaurant next door....if the service and food quality is this bad then I wouldn't suggest going there either.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We went here because it was Easter and most places were closed. Recommend you give it a wide berth. Garlic bread was bland, dry and small. Veg lasagne was spicy and made of a mashed veg with not much pasta and was tiny. Really poor experience. Run by Indians who clearly don't know how to cook Italian. Wish I'd read trip advisor first! Like a big room with no decor and a make shift bar. Mosquitos love it here!