“Bohemian fairy tale”
Review of Hotel Nautilus

Hotel Nautilus
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tabor
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Very warm-hearted and stylish hotel on the central square of the beautiful town of Tabor. The restaurant and cuisine there are beyond praise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 November 2011

My wife & I booked five nights in July. We wanted to have a good location within easy reach of many southern Bohemia sites like Cervana Lhota, Cesky Krumlov, etc.
Nautilus' reviews were great but I don't believe until I see. Hence my expectations were low.
Driving into town from Ceske Budejovice I was about to make a U-turn and go straight to Prague. But I decided to brave it after a long drive from Zell am See in Austria.
And right I did! We had, bar none, the best five nights of our vacation, which included Italy, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Let me explain why!
Outside old-town where Nautilus is located, Tabor is a communist legacy wasteland. Derelict buildings, poor roads, smoke plumes ... You get the picture!
The moment you enter old town it is like you enter a different universe. Nautilus, Goldie, the corner (Klokotska) restaurant, all gems! Old town itself is clean, most houses are lovingly restored and you feel transported in time.
The hotel: well appointed, modern minimalist decor ala Phillipe Stark's, ultra clean and comfortable. The views from the square facing room: to die for (see attached photos).
Goldie: utmost attention to all details, chef personally inquires, weak vegetarian fare, but a heaven for meat lovers.
All in all the experience was outstanding. Were Nautilus located in NYC you could easily pay $400/night and feel good about it.
No, I don't work for Nautilus. I am engineer who lives in Mountain View CA. I will be happy to answer questions about Nautilus at alexander.tudor@doemail.org.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the square.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander T
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We celebrated there our wedding and spent one night. We can really recommend this hotel, we are very satisfied with service. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and homely and from their windows you can see view of beautiful and historic central square of Tábor. In case of our wedding party we are very satisfied too. All what was booked was accomplished, the food was excelent, the staff was professional, accommodating and kind.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Hotel Nautilus is located in the town square, opposite to the church and next to the old palace - a perfect location to start a visit in Tabor.
The room we stayed in was big and beautifully designed. Is is devided into two: the living-room - with a nice sofa, table and armchair - and the bed-room with a large bed. The decor - the paintings on the walls, the Orcid, the lamps, the wooden parquet floor - all these contributed to the warm atmosphere.
The bathroom was comfortable and the cleanliness - perfect.
In the hotel there is a Chef restaurand - Goldie - which offers a very attractive 3 course lunch menu. We found the meal a very good value for money. On the day we ate there - 25.10.11 - the price was 110 CK per person.
In this restaurant a nice buffet breakfast is served.
The hotel has a Spa. which offers a variety of treatments.
The hotel has a private parking lot. No charge.
Last, but not least, the hotel crew. At the reception we received a warm welcome, useful information and guidance. Our request to check-out later, was fullfilled right away.
The service was very good.
We recomend strongly this charming boutique hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a nice wiew of the square.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

You really can't beat the location or quality of the hotel in the town of Tabor. I was there for one night while exploring the town where my great-grandfather was born. I felt right at home with the staff, who was ready to help with anything I needed. It is easily within walking distance of anything you would like to do in the historic town center. A great place to stay! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabor
0.6 km away
0.9 km away
Hotel Zizkovy lazne
Hotel Zizkovy lazne
#8 of 19 in Tabor

Been to Hotel Nautilus? Share your experiences!