Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
All reviews trained staff original paintings amazing breakfast beautiful hotel historical building great spa beautiful view hotel restaurant recommend this hotel star hotel interior slovakia wellness tatras tepidarium mountains cuisine
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

+ Large comfortable room
+ Excellent bathroom
+ Excellent breakfast
+ Good location
+ Free parking
- Sometimes no free parking spot is available. In that case, at night you can park in the public parking lot and give your car key to the hotel, who will move your car to their garage in the morning when the free parking in the public lot ends.
- Upon checkout, I was levied an extra 10 euro "spa fee", which the clerk said everyone has to pay. I can't see the fee mentioned on the hotel website, and although the fee is small, it was an irritating to have to pay it.

Room tip: Paying extra for a room with a balcony is not worthwhile (the balcony is small and overlooks a parking lot)
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

I took my daughters to the spa for a few hours in the pool and saunas. It is a great spa - small but very quiet and a lovely choice of pools, saunas and jacuzzis. It would be a fantastic way to relax the aching muscles from trail walking. The staff were very helpful and the spa very clean - and extremely good value.

We followed this with dinner in the hotel restaurant which was fantastic. The food was beautiful and served by helpful friendly staff in a lovely peaceful relaxing space.

Highly recommended - and next time we will opt to stay in the hotel rather than just visit!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2019

I would endorse all of the previous favourable comments about the hotel. However, there is a warning for non-Euro paying visitors.
When I checked out I agreed the bill which showed the charges in Euros. I was handed the payment terminal, checked the amount, entered my PIN and handed the terminal back to the cashier. When I received my credit card statement a couple of weeks later, I noticed that I had been charged in Sterling and in the small print on my credit card slip was the statement "I have been offered a choice of currencies ad have chosen to accept DCC and pay in GBP" I obviously missed that as I only ever pay in local currency.

When I raised the matter with the hotel, via my travel company, I was told that this was due to a misunderstanding. It was not. This is the first time that I have been caught out by this exchange rate scam and I will be more careful in future.

I believe that there are payment terminals that offer the choice of currencies after the PIN has been entered. Beware.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 5 May 2019

The MOST beautiful hotel in High Tatras without any doubts. The BEST hotel in Slovakia. Atmosphere of the hotel which combines the perfection of gastronomy with the historic ambience is quite unique. We traveled around the world and enjoyed 5 star hotels, but Hotel Lomnica is truly Queen of High Tatras. You will feel very luxurious and I can guarantee that you will smile all the time. Atmosphere, galery, rooms, staff, and food will surprise you instantly.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ZuzanaKovalova, Generálny riaditeľ at Hotel Lomnica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Dear Peter,

it is great to hear such wonderful feedback. The most imprortant is you enjoyed your stay and we can not wait to welcome you again. For summer we planned another oldtimer cars to make visit of our guest special in every aspect of their visit with us.

Sincerely Yours,

Zuzana Semanova

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

Excellent renovated hotel with 50s atmosphere where everything works perfectly. Great breakfast, games room and club room. Amazing collection of whiskeys and brandies on the clubs room. Although distant to reach Value for money and very close to winter sports facilities.

Date of stay: February 2019