Open today: 10:00 - 18:00

Book in advance
from
US$263.80
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Narva Castle
from US$263.80
More Info
All reviews across the river beautiful place old fortress worth a visit important historical site makes this place russian fort piece of history tower castle courtyard views centuries border estonia displays hundreds
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Narva castle is newly opened for public after an extensive renovation . You can easily spend hours wandering through all the beautiful halls . Everything was super , the exhibits , the technique.
Don’t miss this place !
Extra points to the friendly personnel.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 14 June 2021

We ordered a city tour from Narva Muuseum and after that visited the castle. First of all, we really recommend the city tour! Our guide was Olga and she was super, gave us extra tips for additional exhibitions and sites.
Narva Linnus has been renewed and also has a new exhibition. The castle is a bit hard to navigate so ask for directions but it is beautiful and the exhibition is also interesting.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 20 August 2020

Beautiful from outside and from the riverside, and the views from the tower are lovely as you look across the river to Russia and their castle that protects this gateway area. Very large grounds and courtyard, but exhibition was not really about the castle area. Some construction going on, so maybe better museum in the future???

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Narva Castle - Hermanus Castle - Narva Museum
I don't know what is now the correct name for this place.
I like most Hermanus :)

+ this looks nice place outside, the most recognized landmark of Narva
+ it's great that you are able visit it

BUT this place really puzzled me. You can see that lots of money has been spent recently to fix it, there is a fancy new elevator to nowhere etc. That's why I didn't like it. It has lost completely the authenticity.

When I arrived I asked from guides in which way I should visit the castle. I was told "as you wish" and I got a map. The given information and exhibitions around just created big mess on my head: in one room you read about local authors behind ages, then modern wooden Estonian architecture, then Narva fire deparment,.. suddenly you are in multimedia show in Russia, then room army uniforms etc. You never knew what was in the next room. I'm sure I missed something but then I was also quite many times behind locked doors.

To read about history of Hermanus castle, I had to use Google.
So if you want to learn about the history of Narva, go to internet.
If you want to get a random show of different things of Narva, maybe you like this place.
If you want a historical experience, don't come here - you just get annoyed.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank Elmiina
Reviewed 13 July 2020

Narva fortress was thoroughly renovated and has a new permanent exhibition. I hadn't been there before, but in this form it was lovely. You can climb the towers and see amazing views (360 degrees), interactive games, thrilling scares... It was time well spent. Also loved the museum restaurant, which btw has white guide recommendation.

Date of experience: July 2020