“clubs”
Review of Club Essential - CLOSED

Club Essential
Reviewed 19 May 2012

i met adancer in portugal who was from riga i spent 5 days in riga 2 years ago at a b&b her family ran 1 night i went on my qwn she had ataxi driver freind she rang and took me into centre she told me not to leave me on my own or out of site i have worked all over the world but i felt very uneasy on my qwn and i have been told since if there is bouncers on the doors these are the ones you should stay away from which sounds weird

1  Thank johnstringfellow72

Reviewed 2 May 2012

If your in Latvia and want to party, there are so many nice places than the much hyped club essential. The staff is far from friendly and the prices of drinks are extremely expensive compared to other clubs. The music is ok, as it offers several rooms with different styles.

2  Thank RudyvanBruggen
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We went in a group of 7. In seperate incidents 2 of our guys handed tickets to the bouncer, then got told to hand jackets in, 30 seconds later the same bouncer pretended he'd never seen them before and made them pay for more tickets. Same bouncer snatched a bank note out of a third guy's hand and sneered 'and?' at him. That's 3 rip offs in seven entries. There were maybe 35 people in the main room including us. No one going in or out, just the same suspicious people trying to make the room look full. We suspected that 80% of the people in the club were fishy, either working us, or for the club. We left quickly. Avoid like the plague.

3  Thank RussTan
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a club with many rooms playing various types of music, so you are sure to find something you like. Friend and I had a weekend break to Riga and we wanted to experience the nightlife. We stayed until 8am so had a good night of dancing!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hi guys,

I'm travelling with artist a lot and this was my 3 visit in Latvia.
Year ago I was in Essential and I had great night! A lot of party people, almost full in all rooms. Now club was half empty, public very strange, and not party feeling. For whisky+cola they asked me 8Ls, even if in menu is around 4Ls(probably because I was english speaking person). In main hall before was great music, now the only guy that has fun there is probably DJ.
Some local people we met there said they are going to check other places.
SO we went to some bars in old town, and the arrived in THE CLUB in old town. What a difference in ambient and party feeling! As they told me club is open already over 1 year and before in this place was another club call Nautilus. Great 2 dancefloors with maaasive party feeling! SUper nice girls-bartenders all night with smile! And even at 5:30 morning there was full on the dancefloor! So if you will be in Riga, for sure check this place!

2  Thank Alex C