“A pretty good night out!”
Review of Club Essential - CLOSED

Club Essential
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a club with many rooms playing various types of music, so you are sure to find something you like. Friend and I had a weekend break to Riga and we wanted to experience the nightlife. We stayed until 8am so had a good night of dancing!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hi guys,

I'm travelling with artist a lot and this was my 3 visit in Latvia.
Year ago I was in Essential and I had great night! A lot of party people, almost full in all rooms. Now club was half empty, public very strange, and not party feeling. For whisky+cola they asked me 8Ls, even if in menu is around 4Ls(probably because I was english speaking person). In main hall before was great music, now the only guy that has fun there is probably DJ.
Some local people we met there said they are going to check other places.
SO we went to some bars in old town, and the arrived in THE CLUB in old town. What a difference in ambient and party feeling! As they told me club is open already over 1 year and before in this place was another club call Nautilus. Great 2 dancefloors with maaasive party feeling! SUper nice girls-bartenders all night with smile! And even at 5:30 morning there was full on the dancefloor! So if you will be in Riga, for sure check this place!

2  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 8 December 2011

It is great club, just I was not enjoying the thing everyone are smoking in the club.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Club Essential is one of those massive 6-7 Rooms club that has a lot of ppl coming but doesnt manage to fill a single one of them, just because its that big. The music in general is not very good, they dont really mix songs, its mostly just one song after the other one. (except for the House room, which played good music but which was empty)
Also the crowd is not the crowd you wanna see when you have a club. Loud, drunk German and English tourists who's only concern is to dance stupid and annoy other people. If you like the clubscene, you rather wanna visit a club like Rai or Studio 69, which is way classier and filled with locals.

2  Thank Miggi1907
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was at E club on saturday 30/7 with a friend and had a great time at their white room/jameson bar top floor. The DJ played great music and they had a saxofonist to join in on the music. A havannaclub with coca cost ls 3.- or ls 3,5? But if you leave the club it is possible you have to pay entrance again to get in? Not sure its common practice?
We was there ca 2300 to 0100 and went a trip to studio 69 before we came back at ca 0300 and party to 0800. A great time.
But when we left the club essential for a taxi to Studio69 taxi was a ceater.
A walk for ca 15 minutes ca 1000 meters.
The white taxi was standing outside E with Club Essential logo on it taxi number TX - 4949.
This taxi actually charged 10LS for the trip, on taxi meter it was 9,3ls.
I have been a regular visitor to Riga for 8 years and not back in the times when ceating amoung taxis was common I have paid anything near ls9,3 for a ride inside old riga and sourroundings!
A regular taxi of any type will cost less than ls3 and that is also what I think is minimum price for riga taxis.
So avoid to take the club essential taxis stop the taxis in the street or take the walk over to Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and save minimum 7ls E10.- for a walk of ca 100 metres. A good deal.

1  Thank svharkes