We just came to Riga for one night and we did not have any expectations to the hostel - just a bed, a shower and some nice tips for sightseeing. We got everything and even more. The waitresses are absolutely nice, funny and very beautiful. They knew everything we needed to know and explained everything about our stay.
Some people might see it as a negative point that you cannot have breakfast in there, but we did not need it as Riga has very nice and affordable places to eat.
We had a double bed, a window to open and the possibility to store our luggage for the day. The shower was warm, there were no extra fees for anything and a lot of side tips on the wall plus an awesome atmosphere (very young and dynamic, "chaotic" on purpose and actually it is not really the correct word).
Additionally, we had the possibiilty to participate in nice programmes such as beer tasting, shooting or dinner. Yes, they seem to have cooperation with some places, but that is fine, as everything has almost same prices in Riga.
We should not forget free Wifi connetion in the whole house and safe entrances with cards.
Two "negative" points:
- There has been only one plug for electricity in the room (even though they really tried to get a triple plug for us)
- The room was very small (like only the bed).
Next time we will visit Riga, we will stay there for sure!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aussie owned Backpackers in the Heart of the Old Town. Only 300m to Main Square, Airport Bus, Central Markets, Bus Station, Supermarkets and many Bars/Restaurants. AK47 Shooting, Bobsled, Free Walking Tours, Pub Crawls, Latvian Food Nights, Karaoke, Husky Dog Sledding, Daily Happy Hours, Latvian Beer Tastings and much more! Voted No.1 Hostel in Latvia 2009 and 2010.A Genuine Backpackers for Real Travellers !!!!!** NO STAG PARTIES ALLOWED **Clean, Secure and Fun backpackers hostel in Old Riga for small groups and solo travellers. We are a true backpackers with friendly local staff that will help you 24hrs.** Female Only Dorms Available!! Our prices include all taxes, all linens and your bed already made for you... PLUS a FRESH TOWEL!!- FREE internet and WIFI- FREE lockers and locks- FREE Foosball Table- FREE shower and hand soap- FREE tea all day- FREE guide map- FREE popcorn & gumibears (Movie Nights)- FREE good times and awesome memories. We offer you TWO common rooms to meet other backpackers and a fully equipped KITCHEN for cooking 24 hours. All dorm rooms have large security lockers under each bed that can fit your whole backpack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Naughty Squirrel Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.