“October Saturday evening out with”
Review of Queens Pub

Queens Pub
Ranked #195 of 1,178 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Queens is a british publichouse and restaurant in Old Riga. With gorgeous victorian atmosphere and delicious food. More than 18 tap beers to choose from, including local and imported beer.A very wide range of Steaks, meat dishes, breakfast menu, burgers and more.Live sport event translation and special offers on food and beer every weekLive music every thursday ,friday and saturday.Open air terace in summer.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The HAMBURGER was VERY good - everything I could wish for, so was the female waitress AND the beer - Valmiermuiza's (Latvia's 1-2 best brands - this the regular one - you must try it! COLD.They even doused the music when we asked, and that was good because music in restaurants here in Latvia can nearly drive you mad! But they did so and I stayed and we stayed longer than we would have otherwise.

Manager1st1, Manager at Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for the excellent rating! We are glad that you enjoyed the food and service. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I was cold and tired but, looking through the window could see football on the TV screens and, more importantly, a draught cider font on the bar ... I was thirsty, but being coeliac I may not drink beer or lager and this was the first property I'd found that sold cider. I entered. Beautifully warm, clean and inviting. The barman was very friendly and served me very well. Although I didn't eat, I did look at the menu and observed others' meals being served ... the food looked good (the diners' subsequently empty plates were testament!) and the prices very reasonable.
The following day at lunchtime I made a detour to the same place! I ordered my cider and that same barman asked if I was going to eat with them on this visit. I advised him that I was looking for a light snack rather than a meal ... perhaps some chips with a portion of soup (which of course had to be suitable for my gluten and wheat intolerance). He suggested portion of "Solanka" - a Latvian broth, tomato based with lots of chopped vegetables and meats which he thought would be fine but he would (and did) check with kitchen to be sure. It was and it arrived, served by a very pleasant cheerful waitress. Hot and deliciously tomatoey and peppery and with a sour cream dressing. Absolutely delicious - and the replay of the Germany England football match of the previous evening on the big screen televisions!
My visits were excellent ... welcome, drink, food, service, prices, ambiance. Well recommended.

Manager1st1, Manager at Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for your fantastic comment. We are glad that we’ve been able to leave a positive impressions for you. We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Genuine pub with a wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food. A cute and sweet girl served me and my brother Italian burgers and Valmiermuiža beer two days in a row with a lovely smile on her face. A short and pleasant visit to Riga become even better after a couple of meals at Queens pub.

Dear guest, thank you for your good words! We are very happy about your positive experience at our restaurant! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We had food and it wasn't very warm at all, but we were hungry and very cold. The Latvian light beer was great and would recommend having that drink. Service was ok, although the waitress was helpful she was chatting to staff behind the bar for most of the time.
Maybe don't eat here, but have a drink and it's nice to get warm in!

Manager1st1, Manager at Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your time on writing the reference and your comments. It is very important to us. We will disccus service issues with our staff. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Was disappointed in thus pub. The food when it arrived was warm not hot. It was tasty. The place had little atmosphere even though they were trying to vamp it up with the Halloween theme. We won't be returning.

Thank you for visiting our restaurant and finding the time to leave a comments. We are very sorry that you didn’t get the best experience in our restaurant and felt. We always do everything possible in order to offer only the highest quality food. We are truly sorry!