“Best in Riga”

Meddo
Ranked #175 of 1,167 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$24 - US$94
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, superb location, fantastic service, this place clearly deserves Micheline star and IMO is the best restaurant in a city with dozen very good places for upscale and refined dinner
Highly recommend
Alex

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Returned for Saturday lunch ( and to see if they improved their coffee), and were not disappointed. Even more, very happy.
Atmosphere - very quiet, comfortable chairs, soft music.
Service - very friendly, knowledgeable but non-obtrusive.
Food - starters: asparagus with soft boiled egg, Sicilian fish soup. I was so delighted with tender asparagus sticks that forgot to taste my wife's soup, so have to rely on her statement that it was excellent, with plenty of different kinds of sea products. My asparagus was the best I ever ate.
Main dishes: I had again duck breast, my wife - again opted for baked in paper bag perch. Duck breast this time came with chocolate sauce, light bitterness made a great pair with sweet tender flesh of duck meat. Perfect match!

And I forgot to tell about what was served before the starters - excellent bread (to kinds) with french butter and herbs, very tasty green olives.
We were too full to try desserts, but coffee this time was as good as the rest of the food.

The only cosmetic defect that I could find, was in their internet site. The content and presentation is very good, but menu is not always updated on time.
Otherwise, outstanding restaurant for very special occasions (I mean, for perfect food)!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Such friendly and professional service all the way through. Both the menu and the wine list offered mouth watering choices. The food was simply amazing - the best we had on our four night Riga trip, where the standard of food was high generally. I had the squid with black ink sauce risotto and it was hands down the best I've ever had.

When it came to leaving they found a taxi for us and escorted us to it, opening and closing doors. Lovely people and unbeatable quality.

There is no doubt we will be back next time - in fact my wife and daughter went back for lunch two days later just to have the beef carpaccio again.

1  Thank Stillrovin
Reviewed 13 May 2018

The classical European restaurant offers so much more than it is expected. With fine foods from France and Italy this restaurant deserved to be in the top 10 best restaurants in Latvia

1  Thank Dope S
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Everything about this restaurant rates as excellent. The interior is very nice and comfortable. The service is attentive and friendly. The food is fantastic.

1  Thank whitelime