“Closer than a trip to Moscow....”
Review of Cafe Leningrad

Cafe Leningrad
Ranked #167 of 1,135 Restaurants in Riga
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

An interesting place: I was there from about 7:00-9:00 PM on a Saturday night. Upon arrival, there were a lot of tourists but they melted away as in the first hour. Then, my son and I were the only tourists (and, non-Russian speakers, for that matter) in the bar. Everything was cool, but it definitely was a cultural experience to be in a bar where all other patrons spoke Russian. Excellent potato pancakes- made from shredded, not mashed potatoes- with flavorful local bacon. The coleslaw was quite good as well. There was a mix-up in the kitchen and I received a complementary vodka shot- much appreciated. A great experience if you are open to it.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a really nice place. Especially it could be very interesting for those who haven't lived in Soviet country. As I live in a very old-fashioned place, it reminded my own home. But still was very nice ;) Just a bit cold.
Friendly staff, good food and great music!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I love quirky little bars like this & wasn't disappointed when we visited here recently. We weren't sure that we had found it at first because there was no name on the outside of the building but once we entered we knew that we had found the right place. It was like stepping back in time inside a 60/70s era Soviet house! The guy serving at the bar was very friendly, he recommended a good local lager & even gave us a little lesson in how to speak Latvian! We visited 'Leningrad Cafe' on an afternoon but still it had a few customers in & a nice atmosphere. The bar has different areas all set out with vintage furniture, décor & memorabilia & looked really authentic! Although it was situated about a 10 minute walk away from the Old Town area of Riga it is definitely worth a visit.....Prieka!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

A funny bar with all kinds of soviet style relics and Lenin's heads and pics on the wall. Very cheap, good collection of beer. They played really loud punk music, which I found to be a little off the theme, but then again can imagine Soviet marching songs and kalinka might not be very pleasant to listen to either...service was ok, the guy didn't speak English very well but we got along just fine.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Fantastic staff, good mood in place - nice style of USSR flashbacks. And... gamma of beer and drinks peeerfect!