All reviews separate bedroom dish wash liquid limited breakfast nice bedding extended stay strange smell small things hotel is located coffee machine the ground floor per night min walk old town excellent hotel within walking distance city centre supermarket
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
ParkInnRiga, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Reviewed 13 April 2018

The rooms are very nice, and comfortable. The location of the hotel is interesting on Krasnaya Baronas Iela in Art Nouveau district. We enjoyed walking this straight street to Old Town back and forth.

The front office manager of this hotel is a very professional young fellow, who has good communication skills with guests, and fruitful change of ideas there. The two boys at the reception also had excellent hospitality skills: always saying hello, smiling and exchanging pleasantries with guests. Unfortunately the three girls working at the reception were the opposite of the boys: serious, not paying attention to guests and avoiding customer contact. But the cleaners were correct and agreeable enough.

The lobby area is pretty comfortable feel and there are some nice gourmet snacks to buy there It would be nice if the hotel could improve on the choice of TV channels (you should add CNN, TV5Monde and RaiUno) and add some more international newspapers/magazines into the lobby. Also the pre-packed sandwiches should at lobby not be from supermarket but purchased from a quality baker for resale, with options for lacto-vegetarians.Index Cafe makes quality sandwiches in Riga, so the hotel could buy them there or at Bakeberry in Audejas Iela.

Unfortunately since we left the hotel has been booked by Canadian military for the whole year, so there are very few rooms available, and the ones that are are now very expensive, when we stayed the price was very affordable.

One thing was very upsetting: the water flow from shower is adjusted so slow that you cannot wash properly. It was really not nice to take a shower in this hotel as takes ages to even wash your hair with so little water coming out. Also there is a strange smell when you start using the shower like warm plastic in the air or something like that.

This hotel is definitely a memorable experience :)

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ParkInnRiga, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Kurre200,
Greetings from Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona!
It was our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and I'd like to thank you for such a lovely and detailed review regarding your recent stay! We're so glad that you were impressed with our rooms and that you enjoyed the location of our hotel but I was particularly pleased to note that you received excellent service from receptionist Oto and Vladislavs and I will be happy to share your kind comments with all of my colleagues, which I know will act as a great motivator.
We also highly appreciate your comments and suggestions about TV channels and kiosk item list that will be taken into consideration in order to improve our service in the future. I can assure you that we always strive to improve the levels of service in the hotel and to meet all our guests’ needs and exceed their expectations. Thank you for giving us the chance to review and make our offer better.
In addition, I would like to take the chance to personally apologize for the poor water flow and strange smell in the shower. Please be informed that I have discussed this issue with our chief engineer and he is already working on this to ensure no similar issues recurs.
Once again, thank you for choosing our property as your home away from home and we hope to repeat all the positive experience and exceed previous one whenever the travel brings you back to Riga!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Had a room with a balcony and separate bedroom. 3 of us. Room was very stylish, view of the main Street was nice. Modern and new furniture. Only minor complaints regarding the cleanliness of the balcony which had a can (used as an ashtray) and packet of cigarettes from the previous occupants.

Only other issue was there's only one lift so you often bump into the cleaning staff using the lift for linen/cleaning which leads to delays.

Location is close to the old town, about a 15 min walk. 5 mins from the local park and 2 mins from the supermarket and cafes.

Staff were excellent. Reception were really helpful, they gave us directions, advice and assisted in calling a doctor when we needed one in the middle of the night.

Overall very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ParkInnRiga, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Alkis_H,
First of all, thank you for staying with us in Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona and for taking time to leave such amazing and detailed review regarding your recent stay!
I am extremely happy to see that you had a wonderful time in our appartment hotel. It was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the room and that you received an excellent service form our staff! I will be more than happy to share your kind comments with all of my colleagues, which I know will act as a great motivator. I can assure you that we always strive to improve the levels of service in the hotel and to meet all our guests’ needs and exceed their expectations and I am glad that we managed to suceed yours!
Please accept my sincere apologise for the lapse in our usually high standards of service with regards to your room cleaning; I would like to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our usual standards. Please be assured that all related departments have already been informed about the issues you raised to ensure no similar lapse in standards recurs. Thank you for giving us the chance to review and improve our service levels accordingly!
Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review and we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We stayed here over Easter and were really pleased we chose this hotel.

Email communication with the hotel prior to arrival was always pleasant and efficient

Upon arrival we were greeted by the excellent staff and checked into room 504...wow! what a room!! we had a corner room affording us great views across 2 streets, the room was clean,modern and smelled brand new.

The staff here are particularly helpful and friendly.It was our aniversary whilst we were here and the staff had a card and chocolates in our room on the day...a really nice touch.There was one girl on reception who was great with advising us on where to eat and went out of her way to phone ahead and get us a good table.

If you've chosen this hotel then sit back,relax....you have chose well.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ParkInnRiga, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear TravellerDaveLincoln,
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona. I am so glad that you were impressed with the room and I was particularly pleased to note that you received excellent service from our staff and I will be sharing your generous comments with all of my colleagues.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Amazing stay great hotel exceptional staff cleanliness and tram outside the hotel takes you to the city center in two minutes. The restaurant in the hotel is perfect and also brought delivery to our room no extra fee or trouble. Thank you

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
ParkInnRiga, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Diana E,
Greetings from Park Inn by Radisson Residence Riga Barona!
Thank you so much for beeing our guest and for taking time to tell us about your positive experience!
I will be happy to share your kind comments with all of my colleagues, which I know will act as a great motivator. I can assure you that we always strive to improve the levels of service in the hotel and to meet all our guests’ needs and exceed their expectations and I am really happy to see that we managed to suceed yours as well!