“Delicious ”

Entresol
Ranked #14 of 1,184 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was fantastic. The knapas were a great way to start the meal trying small amounts of various things.

The veal was delicious and the white chocolate dome for dessert was a lovely end. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The starters are in tapas concept with local flavors though. 3 for 11,50 eur which is great value. And a super way to try different food. All knapas )that’s how they call it) were great. As a main I had duck breast which was amazing - soft and juicy. Just perfect. Fair to add it was close to 20 eur. Very nice service

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I enjoyed dinner here when I was in Riga. The restaurant design has a cozy feel, with warm lighting and comfortable furniture and an atmosphere that is refined and relaxed.

We shared a variety of starters, each delicious in their own way. I really enjoyed the rabbit pâté with rhubarb jelly and onion marmalade, as it was sweet and savory. The Oyster mignonette with pink pepper was also great, and the pepper added a spiciness that made the dish pop. Then there was the asparagus with egg-yolk mousse, cheese chips, and trout caviar which was my favorite, the mix of flavours and textures were a great way to begin a meal.

For my main dish, I chose the grilled veal chop with fondant potato, chanterelles, broccoli purée, and thyme reduction . The meat was so good in in my mouth, while the mix of complimentary flavors was delightful. One friend opted for lamb ravioli with mushroom broth, green onions, and egg pearls and she was very happy with her choice. Same was the friend the ordered the vegetarian dish of radishes with whipped goat cheese and brewers’ spent grains.

For dessert, we just had to try the soufflé with cherry sorbet and maple-sap syrup. As amazing as that was it could not beat the strawberries , blueberries and red currants with crème fraîche and vanilla ice cream which we all loved.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Yes the food was delicious but what struck me the most, was the act that their Knapas (Knape + tapas), small plates, represent a revised real typical traditional Latvian food, and my local friends could well witness that.
You should go for 2/3 knapas and hen a main dish...
I personally loved the rabbit mousse, and the mushroom raviolo.
But everything was delicious.
Inside the restaurant is welcoming and really nice.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

As a couple we both visited this restaurant with high hopes that it will be as excellent as the previous TripAdvisor reviews. We found that for such a high class restaurant to not have a gluten-free bread options was not acceptable, we did find however this in many Riga restaurants. We found the wine to be completely overpriced (and I repeat completely overpriced) and of a reasonable quality. My meal of seabass was good,however my wife had tuna and this was not to the required standard. The service throughout the night was good but not amazing.