Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

This is the third or fourth time I have visited this place, and I must say it is absolutely my favourite. Wonderful athmosphere in a wooden house dating back to the the 18th century with great accommodations, cosy rooms, tasty breakfast, secure parking and a very friendly staff. On top of that there is always an interesting art Exhibition right next to the lobby. Not to mention a great location right smack in the old town.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

This was one of the highlights of our visit to Estonia. Absolute courtesy and kindness from the staff especially on arrival from the receptionist who is also a student who can tell you about the fascinating Estonian language. We travel to learn do we not? Spacious and atmospheric room with trees at the back and situated in the old town. Small kitchen included. Excellent breakfast and gluten free wasn't a problem. Art gallery in same building and a sauna. Tartu is a most interesting city and the charm of its people and this establishment in particular are ambassadors indeed. Would love to stay here again. You can walk from the Bus Station along the river. Railway Station requires an inexpensive taxi.

Room tip: Suspect they are all atmospheric...
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2015

We stayed there at the family room for 1 night, and had a good experience at this guesthouse. Sizable family room, with kitchen area, and there were paintings on the wall. Staffs were friendly and helpful. We need to check-out early before breakfast started, the staffs were kind enough to leave the pantry door open the night before (note: no 24-hour reception), so that we could grab a simple breakfast from the fridge in the early morning.

Tampere Maja is an old wooden house, no lift, 2 floors of steep stairs. Be prepared if you have heavy luggage.

BTW, there are good restaurants in town, like “La Dolce Vita” and “Noir”.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 16 March 2015

This guest house makes you feel like you're visiting an Estonian grandma in her old little house somewhere in the countryside.. The only difference is that you're finding yourself in the very centre of the old town and there is no grandma.
This place is full of soul, it warms your heart. The room I had was beautiful even though I had a view to a wall, the bed and the rest I had was perfect, the breakfast was simple yet really tasty (especially the freshly cooked oatmeal on the stove, as if your mom had made it for you. And wow, all the lactose-free and gluten-free alternatives!), I loved that there were paintings everywhere and the little library and an extra kitchen. I couldn't ask for more.
I suppose you can see that I really loved this place and I wish I could never leave.
Thank you for everything, you made me feel like a real guest, appreciated and valued..

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lita B
Reviewed 17 October 2014

Stay at the Tampere Hotel. 1st thing you'll see are stout oak beams that are 1200 yrs old but nevertheless there's enough plugs to recharge all your modern electronics, comfortable beds & sizeable room. The breakfast buffet is sizable & absolutely delicious (you like Estonian Herring; it's there). After breakfast, step out onto the cobblestone street, right across from Treffner Gymnasium (my father attened school there before WW II). The staff is ever so helpful. Across the hall is an extraordinary art gallery (in the hotel).

Date of stay: September 2014