“ did not live up to expectations”

Pepe's Bistro & Social Club
Ranked #22 of 159 Restaurants in Tartu
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Pepe's is a lifestyle restaurant where old meets new. Our cuisine is American-Italian comfort food with classics like pastas to meatballs, wings to seafood. The bar bows to Italian style aperitivo culture with spritzes and negronis but as well as modern classics. Our summer terrace takes you back to Mediterranean. Drinking and eating to la dolce vita!
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

to long waiting time without warning, we ordered 3 snacks, recieved only 1. on the bill were still 3. snack were served same time as main dish. basic ingredient for almost all dishes this evening was forcemeat. only sour types of bear is present in menu. Pesto pasta was too olily. Too much salt in "meat balls".

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank 26ruslanr
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 27 July 2021

I've been to Pepe's five times now and two last visits have been quite dissapointing. Portions are smaller, prices are higher, poor taste. its very sad because about a year ago everything was really good.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Super tasty food & really great service. Really nice mix of Italian and American food, definitely different than other places.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 9 February 2021

I have great memories of a beautiful and warm summer when I spent a wonderful time with my friends in this restaurant.

This time I went to a restaurant to taste the "Tasty Tartu" menu. The appetizer was very boring for me, a slimy ravioli in the soup. The ravioli was very soft and liquid on the inside, the food lacked texture and consistency. The main course was stuffed squid. Squid is not one of my favorites anyway, but I still wanted to give it a chance. Really, it wasn't gummy, but everything else with this dish was like porridge. The dessert was a pleasant surprise alongside all the other retreats, but still not an exceptionally special taste experience. The service was very pleasant and caring, professional. We were served by a nice young man who obviously enjoyed his work and offered us very nice moments.

I would definitely recommend this wonderful restaurant to everyone. Unfortunately, I and my companion were not impressed by the "Tasty Tartu" menu.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 12 January 2021

I really liked customer service. Wonderful people, very warm atmosphere. Food was great. If I’ll ever come back to Tartu, definitely will visit again. Thank you❤️❤️

Date of visit: January 2021