“Interesting choice of food”
Review of Trikster Tihane

Trikster Tihane
Ranked #41 of 158 Restaurants in Tartu
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Reviewed 14 November 2019 via mobile

I like that they make healthier versions of burgers - I tried beetroot, goat cheese burger made from rye bread and it was very tasty! Sweet potato chips were delicious as well. It was so cool that there was cat chilling around. We will definitely visit this place again.

Date of visit: November 2019

Reviewed 8 November 2019

I, my son, who works in Tartu and his Estonian girlfriend, had planned to go to a Mexican Restaurant nearby but it was closed. Trikster was open and we went there instead. Unfortunately for them, it was very quiet but nice for us! The menu is very European and I would recommend reading it online if you're considering going. I can say that my duck was cooked exquisitely and the rest of the plate was excellent too. My son and his girlfriend both had "Beyond Burgers" which they found definitely "beyond" the average ! I found the ambience very pleasant although people who dislike very high ceilings might not share my views. All in all we were rather pleased that our first choice had been closed !

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 9 June 2019

I am sad to say that the past year has been a rapid fall in the quality of service and food. I will only describe our last visit to Trikster.
We asked for a table for 9 outside on the terrace. The waiter was happy to help carrying the tables. We went inside to buy drinks. 7 of us ordered Gin tonics. Firstly, the drinks came with huge straws which looked like colorful snorkelling equipment. They had run out of suitable glasses (although most of the restaurant was empty) so 2 of us got normal glasses and the others got beer glasses (Saku). They also ran out of ice so everybody got 3 small cubes in the whole drink. Lastly they run out of Fentimans tonic and the waiter had brought Schweppes from the nearest store. This was not like anything we ordered and some of us refused to drink it but the waiter said there was nothing he could do. Offered us 50 cents from his own pocket. When we talked to the other waitress in the building she tried to ignore us and shaked her head.
To make things even more comical, there were fries (potato) in our sweet potato fries bowl :)
All in all it was a shocking experience and we tried to leave the place as soon as possible.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

Duck burger was delicious, and service has also improved over times. We also enjoyed vegan Jakka burger, which was different but also delicious.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 17 December 2018

I've been here three times now and had excellent burgers each time. The duck burger was excellent. Last time I had the vegan BBQ pulled jackfruit burger which was as good. Both came with sweet potato fries - my favorite. Service is always good, and the prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: December 2018